Which lens is better Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS or Sigma 28-300mm F3.5-6.3 DG for a Canon XSi?




tdc129


I am new to photography and this is my first DSLR. I have the 18-55mm kit lens that came with it but I am looking for something with a little more focal length to be able to take some wildlife shots. I plan on using this camera and lens for mostly nature, wildlife and some portraits. I'm just looking for some ideas on what everyone thinks would be a better lens for these situations or I would be willing to take other suggestions. From the list you can see I'm trying to keep the price down at least under $500.


Answer
The Canon for two reasons ... one, it continues from where your existing lens ends ... 55 mm, so you will not have any "overlap" in focal lengths. Two and perhaps the most compelling, the Canon lenses are frankly the best lenses made for Canon cameras ... your lenses will last you through five or six bodies that you will be upgrading every four to five years to keep up with the DSLR technology.

I, for instance, have a two month old Nikon D300 which uses all the Nikon lenses made since 1959 but for a handful of specialized fisheye lenses. My oldest Nikon lens is a 105 mm made in the late 1960's. I use it when shooting fashion/glamour photos.

When upgrading to a Canon DSLR, should I get a new lens?




answerer


I currently have a 28-105mm Canon lens, which I am quite happy with. With the APS-C sized sensors, however (I'm looking at the T3i and the 60D), it doesn't seem like it will be sufficiently wide enough. If you say I should get a new lens, should it be the kit lens, or another? I don't think I could afford an L lens's pricetag.
I'm used to 35mm film right now (yes, vintage).
The one I have has an EF mount. One reason I wouldn't want a new lens is because it probably wouldn't be compatible with my old A2 (which still works fine, just with an outdated medium).
It was the kit lens with the A2, so it does have autofocus and aperture connections. It does not have image stabilization, a reason to get a new lens.
Okay, I guess it's best to find and give the full name. I have a Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, mounted to a Canon EOS A2.



Answer
APS-C Canons can use any EF or EF-S lens - that includes both T3i and 60D.

I use an EF 28-105 F3.5/4.5 lens on my EOS450D (Rebel XSi). It is a superb lens and will give great results on a T3i or a 60D. It produces better images than my EF-S 18-55 kit lens - better contrast and more saturated colours.

BUT - if your 28-105 is the lower grade F/4-5.6 then the quality is not as good according to the reviews I have read and you might be better off going for the standard kit lens.

This is the one I have (EF 28-105 F/3.5-4.5)
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-28-105mm-f-3.5-4.5-II-USM-Lens-Review.aspx

This is the lower grade EF 28-105 F/4-5.6
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-28-105mm-f-4.0-5.6-USM-Lens-Review.aspx




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar