Canon general purpose lens?




Jamie Mona


I desperately want to replace the standard 18-55mm kit lens I use on my canon DSLR.
For a fair bit I've debated what lens to go for I've ruled out that I won't go for any EF-S lenses as I plan to eventually upgrade to a full frame sensor body and want the lens to last a good long time
Which really only leaves about 2 canon brand lenses for me to decide between these are;

EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM

Cost isn't really a problem the reason I've considered the 28-135mm is I could put the money saved from that towards a faster lens such as the 24-70mm f/2.8 and replace the 28-135mm in the future.
I would just like some feedback on how the lenses perform or if there are any third party lenses such as sigma that I should consider?



Answer
I own both of the lenses on your wish list, and the 18-55 kit also.

You will regret not buying the EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM.

My EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, just sits in my camera vault now, as it is not near as fast or sharp as the EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM.

The EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM, makes a great companion lens to the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM, if you ever want more distance.

im upgrading my DSLR. Nikon or canon?




tweetys199


I KNOW this debate could never end
BUT i have a Nikon D40 with the lens it comes with and the fairly standard package lens (55-200mm)
And am upgrading do the D90
but before i jump head first
I do also like the 50D by canon
Now: points i have to figure in
I do have the extra lens for the nikon
I love taking videos

BUT if the pictures ARE HONESTLY better on a canon i would deff. consider the Canon.
I would like unbias opinions from people who maybe have tried or used both (either cameras, or brand in general) am i shooting myself in the foot with Nikon
I know canon users are heard core but i'm curious of BOTH sides
I KNOW the 50d doesn't shoot video
thats what im saying i like about the nikon. . .



Answer
Tweety,

Look at the Canon 60D and the T2i - especially if having a multimedia camera is important to you.

Don't worry about the "kit" lenses that came with your original camera. While functional, they are not worth buying another camera around.

See what dpreview.com has to say about the cameras I've suggested. The T2i is established (and gets great reviews for its video capabilities). The 60D is brand spanking new...which means if you go for it you'd only be obsolete in about 6 months.

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar