SLM
My wife has an old Rebel EOS camera. I am not too interested in using a film camera anytime soon, but I want to know if this lens could come in handy if I end up buying a dslr camera.
Answer
Your wife's EOS Rebel uses the "EF" lens mount. Canon DSLR cameras use the "EF" lens mount. So as long as you buy a Canon DSLR you can use your wife's Sigma 70-300mm zoom lens.
In my opinion you'd be smart to learn to use her EOS Rebel before buying a DSLR. The transition will be much easier plus you'll learn good photography habits by starting with a film camera.
Your wife's EOS Rebel uses the "EF" lens mount. Canon DSLR cameras use the "EF" lens mount. So as long as you buy a Canon DSLR you can use your wife's Sigma 70-300mm zoom lens.
In my opinion you'd be smart to learn to use her EOS Rebel before buying a DSLR. The transition will be much easier plus you'll learn good photography habits by starting with a film camera.
whats better, a really good dslr camera and cheap lens or really good lens and cheap old dslr?
yoyo
Answer
I've always heard the saying, "Put your money where your glass is". A quality lens will outlast the latest camera body. If you notice, they come out with a brand new, "revolutionary" camera about every two years, but they rarely introduce new lenses, or update older lenses. Nikon has been notorious for not updating its lenses, especially the faster primes. Many of them were revolutionary 15-20 years ago, and still work flawlessly on the newer DSLR's, so they don't need to. Top glass is often more expensive than all but the pro-level cameras. Yet if you can buy one, it'll last you at least as long as most have been on the market since most manufacturers revamped their glass in the early 80's. I like Nikon because most of its established lens lines still work on my older manual focus camera, so long as they have aperture rings (which most do).
A quality lens is subjective and not proportionate to how much you spend on them, in my opinion unless you're a pro and the cost of the lens is a business expense. The simpler the lens design, the longer they will last. You don't necessarily have to spend all of your money on glass. I have yet to buy a "pro" lens, but I have spent more on the glass I use than my D80 cost me a year and a half ago. I just spent $250 on a AF nikkor 70-210mm f/4-5.6D and would consider it a better investment than many of the AF-S G telezooms, given my 70-300mm VR died on me. It still works, mostly - but the AF-S motor died and now it's basically a manual focus lens that cost me $500. Three months after the warranty went dead and I'm stuck. My new - old AF-D lens doesn't have a motor that will break, it's focused by my camera through a mechanical linkage. It's has a metal barrel, WAY less distortion, focuses fast for a non AF-S and much closer than the $500 lens for half the price. It's been around more than 10 years and gives great results, but the newer AF-S lens just came out a couple of years ago. Mine broke, but others have probably got a better one than I did, but that left me without a lens not them. I sold it on craigslist to fund the new one.
I wouldn't recommend you go too old and cheap with the camera. You could do that with film cameras, but digital technology is improving so fast that the newer ones are often better. I shoot with a D80, and you can get the body only for around $600 new depending on where you look. It has a 10 meg image sensor and a usable ISO up to 1600. It's a very good camera for the money, and it will drive auto-focus on older AF lenses.
So, my advice: Buy a cheaper camera, and make a larger investment in lenses.
I've always heard the saying, "Put your money where your glass is". A quality lens will outlast the latest camera body. If you notice, they come out with a brand new, "revolutionary" camera about every two years, but they rarely introduce new lenses, or update older lenses. Nikon has been notorious for not updating its lenses, especially the faster primes. Many of them were revolutionary 15-20 years ago, and still work flawlessly on the newer DSLR's, so they don't need to. Top glass is often more expensive than all but the pro-level cameras. Yet if you can buy one, it'll last you at least as long as most have been on the market since most manufacturers revamped their glass in the early 80's. I like Nikon because most of its established lens lines still work on my older manual focus camera, so long as they have aperture rings (which most do).
A quality lens is subjective and not proportionate to how much you spend on them, in my opinion unless you're a pro and the cost of the lens is a business expense. The simpler the lens design, the longer they will last. You don't necessarily have to spend all of your money on glass. I have yet to buy a "pro" lens, but I have spent more on the glass I use than my D80 cost me a year and a half ago. I just spent $250 on a AF nikkor 70-210mm f/4-5.6D and would consider it a better investment than many of the AF-S G telezooms, given my 70-300mm VR died on me. It still works, mostly - but the AF-S motor died and now it's basically a manual focus lens that cost me $500. Three months after the warranty went dead and I'm stuck. My new - old AF-D lens doesn't have a motor that will break, it's focused by my camera through a mechanical linkage. It's has a metal barrel, WAY less distortion, focuses fast for a non AF-S and much closer than the $500 lens for half the price. It's been around more than 10 years and gives great results, but the newer AF-S lens just came out a couple of years ago. Mine broke, but others have probably got a better one than I did, but that left me without a lens not them. I sold it on craigslist to fund the new one.
I wouldn't recommend you go too old and cheap with the camera. You could do that with film cameras, but digital technology is improving so fast that the newer ones are often better. I shoot with a D80, and you can get the body only for around $600 new depending on where you look. It has a 10 meg image sensor and a usable ISO up to 1600. It's a very good camera for the money, and it will drive auto-focus on older AF lenses.
So, my advice: Buy a cheaper camera, and make a larger investment in lenses.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar