DSLR camera lens comparison?




biggestper


Hi guys.

I have an XTI and have two lenses I'm looking at, hoping to buy one.

I'm looking for something with more zoom than my 75-300mm lens I have now. I found 500mm to be the next step up.

I have a Opteka 500mm f/8 Telephoto Mirror Lens for Canon EOS / Canon EF (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000HCNMPQ/ref=ord_cart_shr/103-1628137-2139811?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A1P9QRDRYY6FXL&v=glance)

Which looks nice. It has nice reviews and it's quite inexpensive. A big bonus is how small it is! It doens't stick out 2 feet!

The other one in consideration is Opteka 500mm HD Lens for Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT XTi (http://stores.channeladvisor.com/47stphoto/items/item.aspx?itemid=4015373)

This only mentions 500mm, isn't there supposed to be a ###-###mm ratio? It's nice because it's a real lens, not a mirror. Downside is it's MUCH longer in length. It also as f8/-f32 with the OTHER lens only an f8. I don't know what this means.

Only $15 difference. Can I get your thoughts?



Answer
Be aware, both are bargain manual focus lenses. They will give you the extra reach you want, but will not give you the same quality as your Canon 75-300mm. If I could make a suggestion, consider a Canon teleconvertor. It will give you better quality than the Opteka lenses.

The mirror lens requires you use Aperture mode metering, FYI.

The second longer lens is not a zoom, hence no reference to any other focal length other than the 500mm. I've seen Opteka and other companies pair this with a cheap doubler for a 500-1000mm lens, but that's going from bad to worse.

Hope this is helpful.

Will this lens fit my Nikon D5000 camera? Need an answer ASAP!!?




maybayus12


I tried searching for compatibility but I guess I dont know where to look. Can someone tell me if this lens will fit my Nikon? Its a canon lens is why I ask

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-75-300mm-4-5-6-Telephoto-Cameras/product-reviews/B00004THCZ/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Autofocus Lens

I found a smoking deal on this on another site but its only for another 2 hours then the deal ends so I want to get this for my wife if it will fit Thank you for prompt replies.



Answer
No. It's a Canon lens. It has an EF mount.
You have a Nikon dslr. It has a F mount.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar