how do i fix my jammed digital camera?




lila


its a COOLPIX NIKON. and my sister dropped it yesterday. the very last lens is jammed & twisted & wont move. im afraid to fix it b/c i think if i try & push it too hard, it'll get worse. where can i take it to get fixed or how can i fix it?


Answer
Lens errors are fairly common. Usually it's sand or grit interfering with the lens extension mechanism. Or the camera's been dropped with the lens extended. Or the camera has been powered on, but the lens had been blocked preventing its extension. Or the battery ran down with the lens extended ...

Here's some things that you can do to try to correct it. They only seem to work for less than 50% of the lens errors, but if the camera is out of warranty, they're worth a try:

http://camerarepair.blogspot.com/2007/12/fixing-lens-error-on-digital-camera.html

I just dropped my camera and the lens is Jammed help?







Yes I just dropped my Nikon Coolpix L10 and the lens is jammed and I need a way to fix it. Please Help. Thank you in advance.
How much would it cost to get it fixed? My warranty is up and what could best buy do that would fix it? Thats where my camera is from but that was like a year or so ago.



Answer
The warranty won't cover abuse anyway (such as dropping it.) The cost to fix would probably be as much as a new camera. I think the L10 is still available, or you can shop for a different model. Call Best Buy and wee what they say. I doubt they will give you an estimate over the phone without the repair facility actually seeing the camera.

There are some websites that offer self "fix" ideas. Google and see what you find. At this point I suppose it won't matter if you are unsuccessful. And who knows, it might actually work.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar