Mercedes
I recently dropped my camera about 1ft from a table onto a chair and now a weird clicking/ringing noise comes from the lens whenever I push the shutter button half-way. It's not loud and it doesn't affect the quality of my photos at all but it still irritates me since it wasn't there before.
Obviously it's from the drop and I'm taking it to get fixed but would anyone know what exactly is making this noise or what could be broken inside my camera lens?
No sarcastic answers please.
I know it's from the drop, I take care of my camera despite the fact that it slipped from a table, and I know how to use my camera, so please don't underestimate me.
Looking for serious answers.
I also do have a bestbuy warranty for my camera :)
Answer
Well, as you put it, obviously something is broken.
I'd suggest calling Nikon. Warranty doesn't matter because it was your mistake not theirs. I don't know what lens your talking about so consider also that if it's the 18-55 you may find out it'll be cheaper just to buy a new lens or put up with the noise.
I'm glad to hear you take care of your gear - that shows respect for the equipment. That's something so few here seem to have other than us regulars who've been at this a long time. Good Luck
Well, as you put it, obviously something is broken.
I'd suggest calling Nikon. Warranty doesn't matter because it was your mistake not theirs. I don't know what lens your talking about so consider also that if it's the 18-55 you may find out it'll be cheaper just to buy a new lens or put up with the noise.
I'm glad to hear you take care of your gear - that shows respect for the equipment. That's something so few here seem to have other than us regulars who've been at this a long time. Good Luck
Lens for Nikon D3000 Beginner?
Jeremy
Hey guys i have a D3000 with the lens it came with and was looking for a pretty good lens, but i don't have a ton of money for it. Also any other accessories you think would help. Thanks!
Answer
I suggest using your new camera and the lens that came with it for 4 to 6 months before even considering another lens. The 18-55mm lens is sufficient for about 90% of the photography an average person does. During the next several months you'll learn the capabilities and limitations of the lens and the kind of photography you like doing the most. It would be foolish to buy, say, a 55-200mm zoom now only to find that you like low-light, non-flash photography and need the Nikon AF-S 50mm f1.4. Or you may develop a strong interest in macro photography and need the Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 85mm f3.5G ED VR. That 55-200mm zoom would then have been a waste of money.
This book will give you a better understanding of lenses: "David Busch's Quick Snap Guide to Using Digital SLR Lenses". http://www.dbusch.com He's also written a Guide to your camera so having a copy should help you.
I consider these items to be more important now than another lens:
1) A UV filter to protect the front element of your lens.
2) A circular polarizer. Its used to darken a blue sky and remove/reduce glare/reflections from glass, sand, water, snow and painted metal - but not polished metal.
3) A lens cleaning cloth to keep your filters clean.
4) A good tripod. I consider a tripod mandatory for landscape photography. You'll also find that the more you use a tripod the better your pictures.
"A good filter isn't cheap and a cheap filter isn't good". So buy quality: Heliopan, Tiffen, B+W, Hoya, Singh-Ray.
The Benro "Travel Angel" series of tripods are affordable and good quality. Slik, Manfrotto, Velbon, Gittos are also good brands.
These sites will help you learn more about photography:
http://www.digital-photography-school.com
http://www.illustratedphotography.com/photography-tips/basic
http://www.cambridgeincolor.com
http://www.dofmaster,com/dofjs.html
So buy a UV filter, a circular polarizer, a lens cloth and a tripod, study at the sites referenced, and use the camera and lens you have for a few months and then you'll be more informed as to what lens you might want to invest in next.
I suggest using your new camera and the lens that came with it for 4 to 6 months before even considering another lens. The 18-55mm lens is sufficient for about 90% of the photography an average person does. During the next several months you'll learn the capabilities and limitations of the lens and the kind of photography you like doing the most. It would be foolish to buy, say, a 55-200mm zoom now only to find that you like low-light, non-flash photography and need the Nikon AF-S 50mm f1.4. Or you may develop a strong interest in macro photography and need the Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 85mm f3.5G ED VR. That 55-200mm zoom would then have been a waste of money.
This book will give you a better understanding of lenses: "David Busch's Quick Snap Guide to Using Digital SLR Lenses". http://www.dbusch.com He's also written a Guide to your camera so having a copy should help you.
I consider these items to be more important now than another lens:
1) A UV filter to protect the front element of your lens.
2) A circular polarizer. Its used to darken a blue sky and remove/reduce glare/reflections from glass, sand, water, snow and painted metal - but not polished metal.
3) A lens cleaning cloth to keep your filters clean.
4) A good tripod. I consider a tripod mandatory for landscape photography. You'll also find that the more you use a tripod the better your pictures.
"A good filter isn't cheap and a cheap filter isn't good". So buy quality: Heliopan, Tiffen, B+W, Hoya, Singh-Ray.
The Benro "Travel Angel" series of tripods are affordable and good quality. Slik, Manfrotto, Velbon, Gittos are also good brands.
These sites will help you learn more about photography:
http://www.digital-photography-school.com
http://www.illustratedphotography.com/photography-tips/basic
http://www.cambridgeincolor.com
http://www.dofmaster,com/dofjs.html
So buy a UV filter, a circular polarizer, a lens cloth and a tripod, study at the sites referenced, and use the camera and lens you have for a few months and then you'll be more informed as to what lens you might want to invest in next.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar