Pbelle
Hello! I'm very interested in directing movies but I can't go to any schools at the moment. So I'm going to see what I can teach myself. But! I would like to have a good camera. I've tried experimenting with an old sony (by old I mean about 15 years old) that I have already but that...doesn't work so well. But maybe I just don't know how to use it yet! :-P What is it that makes professional movies look professional that regular video cameras don't have? Is it just lighting? Or the angle? Composition of the scene? I don't know of course, but it doesnt seem like its any of these to me. I know that it isn't the clarity of the picture because my old Sony takes some rediculously clear and vibrant videos. What are some cameras that aren't terribly expensive but are a relatively good quality?? Or is there anything I can do to make the videos I take with the Sony look any more "professional" ? Thank you very much for your time!
Answer
You're kind of asking a lot of different questions under one topic. Most video cameras (especially older ones like you are talking about) are missing a few things that pro 35mm cameras have. Pro movie cameras tend to have very expensive lenses on them, which give a better picture. Video cameras are generally lower resolution and have a longer depth of field (meaning everything in your picture is in focust). Film also works at 24 frames per second, while video cameras operate (usually) at 60 frames, giving film a less "real life" look than that given by video cameras.
That being said, a lot of the other factors you mention are also essential for a "good" film image. You need to properly light your scenes, come up with interesting angles, compositions and camera movements in order to make it interesting to a viewer.
You are comparing two very different formats. If you want to have video which looks more like film, then look for a 24p (24 progressive frames per second) video camera like the Panasonic DVX100 line or cameras from Canon like the XHA1 or the more moderately priced Canon HV20/HV30 cameras...those are available new for under $750 and shoot some incredible footage, as long as it is properly lit.
There is also a lot that can be done in post to make your footage look more film-like, but getting the best possible images to start is most important. We've all heard the old saying "crap in, crap out."
I hope that helps.
Mat N.
http://www.FilmSensei.com
You're kind of asking a lot of different questions under one topic. Most video cameras (especially older ones like you are talking about) are missing a few things that pro 35mm cameras have. Pro movie cameras tend to have very expensive lenses on them, which give a better picture. Video cameras are generally lower resolution and have a longer depth of field (meaning everything in your picture is in focust). Film also works at 24 frames per second, while video cameras operate (usually) at 60 frames, giving film a less "real life" look than that given by video cameras.
That being said, a lot of the other factors you mention are also essential for a "good" film image. You need to properly light your scenes, come up with interesting angles, compositions and camera movements in order to make it interesting to a viewer.
You are comparing two very different formats. If you want to have video which looks more like film, then look for a 24p (24 progressive frames per second) video camera like the Panasonic DVX100 line or cameras from Canon like the XHA1 or the more moderately priced Canon HV20/HV30 cameras...those are available new for under $750 and shoot some incredible footage, as long as it is properly lit.
There is also a lot that can be done in post to make your footage look more film-like, but getting the best possible images to start is most important. We've all heard the old saying "crap in, crap out."
I hope that helps.
Mat N.
http://www.FilmSensei.com
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30?
Bottle
My question is :
Is the Camera Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 good camera for profetional of halfprofetional purpose?
Please explain to me (and to my bad eanglish)
I am from Macedonia and i want to by cheaper but good profetional or half profetional digital camera , i am photographer and please tell me what to do , i find this one good becouse of the manual focusing ,8MP , great zoom and low price.
Is the camera good for bying or not becouse there are a lots of cameras on the market. If you know beter offer please informe me
Note:i want the camera to be under 500 $
Thank you in front
Answer
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 is a very good camera, however it is not a "professional or half-professional camera.
If you want something more "professional" you may want to look at the Canon XT, XTi or XSi as well as the Nikon D40. The professional type dslr cameras, have interchangable lenses.
Back to Panasonic, it has a Leica lens, which is a superb lens, it's fast with a maximum aperture of 2.8 and has the manual controls over .. aperture, shutterspeed, and ISO. I have had a Panasonic Lumix in the past, and think quite highly of this camera. It's a very good buy.
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 is a very good camera, however it is not a "professional or half-professional camera.
If you want something more "professional" you may want to look at the Canon XT, XTi or XSi as well as the Nikon D40. The professional type dslr cameras, have interchangable lenses.
Back to Panasonic, it has a Leica lens, which is a superb lens, it's fast with a maximum aperture of 2.8 and has the manual controls over .. aperture, shutterspeed, and ISO. I have had a Panasonic Lumix in the past, and think quite highly of this camera. It's a very good buy.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar