Tycoonman
I'm looking for an upgrade from my kit Canon 18-55mm lens. I don't want to carry a bunch of lenses, so is there a good all-around lens that provides decent wide angle and telephoto, or is this asking too much.
Also, cost is a huge issue.
Answer
I use the Tamron SP 17-50mm f2.8 and find it as a good general purpose lens. It is a zoom but still offers reasonable picture quality from wide angle to mild telephoto for portraits.
But the zoom flexibility makes it good when I don't want to carry my full kit of prime lenses.
http://aviewfinderdarkly.com.au/2011/08/30/three-way-standard-zoom-lens-review/
I use the Tamron SP 17-50mm f2.8 and find it as a good general purpose lens. It is a zoom but still offers reasonable picture quality from wide angle to mild telephoto for portraits.
But the zoom flexibility makes it good when I don't want to carry my full kit of prime lenses.
http://aviewfinderdarkly.com.au/2011/08/30/three-way-standard-zoom-lens-review/
Best macro lens for a Canon DSLR?
Loodles
I am looking for the closest macro lens you can get. I have a Canon 40D and I want to get the hairs up a bugs nose I want to get so close ;-)
Thanks for you help!
Answer
You will not get that using just a prime macro lens. You need to use a macro lens AND extension tubes. You will also need plenty of light from a macro ring-flash and either a REALLY steady hand or a tripod. The depth of field when using a macro lens with extension tubes is tiny.
If you only want to take pictures of insects at a 1:1 ratio, then yes, you only need a macro lens. The Tamron 90mm f2.8 is cheap and very sharp. The Sigma 105mm f2.8 is also sharp at slightly more cost. You don't need the expense of a Canon badge on the lens. Don't get anything less than 90mm, you will get too close with a 60mm and scare the insects away.
Save yourself a lot of money, buy a used Tamron 90mm f2.8 off eBay.
You will not get that using just a prime macro lens. You need to use a macro lens AND extension tubes. You will also need plenty of light from a macro ring-flash and either a REALLY steady hand or a tripod. The depth of field when using a macro lens with extension tubes is tiny.
If you only want to take pictures of insects at a 1:1 ratio, then yes, you only need a macro lens. The Tamron 90mm f2.8 is cheap and very sharp. The Sigma 105mm f2.8 is also sharp at slightly more cost. You don't need the expense of a Canon badge on the lens. Don't get anything less than 90mm, you will get too close with a 60mm and scare the insects away.
Save yourself a lot of money, buy a used Tamron 90mm f2.8 off eBay.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar