Wide angle lens for Nikon D90?




shawn B


I am looking into the two lenses listed below. I want to shoot indoors, and landscapes with the lens. Some of the indoor shots may be in low light (if so what flash do you recommend with the lens) Which of the lenses is the better lens, as they are almost the same price range
Seems like the Sigma has a HSM and the Tamron does not.

Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM ELD SLD

http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-10-20mm-EX-Aspherical-Nikon/dp/B002D2VSD6/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2AAD2W6TNYTUF&colid=12UI747L6TD99

Tamron AF 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 SP Di II LD

http://www.amazon.com/Tamron-10-24mm-3-5-4-5-Aspherical-Digital/dp/B001G7PIBM/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I31WAFK7D8S908&colid=12UI747L6TD99



Answer
look at the Nikon 10-24mm- better optics than the Tamron or Sigma, as well as being a Nikon lens, which is best for your Nikon camera

after that, look at the Tokina 11-16mm which is better optically than the sigma and tamron as well

Lens advice for Nikon D90?




Katarina C


I just bought the Nikon D90 to replace the D80 I currently own. I still have the Nikon 18-55mm II and the 55-200 VR lenses. I was also thinking of getting the Nikon 50mm f/1.8 as I want something that will work great in low llight situations. Is there a better lens I should add to collection? I love landscape photography. I would like to get into macro work as well. I read on Ken Rockwell's site that even the 18-55mm is a good macro lens.


Answer
In my opinion the word "macro" should be banned from use in the description of a zoom lens. Although a zoom lens may offer close-focusing it is NOT a true macro lens. A true macro lens is always a fixed focal length - 50mm, 60mm, 90mm, 100mm etc. - and will in most cases give you a 1:1 (life-sized) reproduction ratio. Photograph a 10mm long ant and the ant will be 10mm long on your sensor. A close-focusing zoom lens will seldom exceed a 1:4 (1/4 life-sized) reproduction ratio so your 10mm long ant would be 2.5mm long on your sensor.

If your budget allows, the Nikon AF 50mm f1.4 prime would be a better choice than the 50mm f1.8. The 50mm f1.4 offers better build quality and better performance wide-open.

For landscape photography there is nothing wrong with the 18mm end of your 18-55mm zoom. If you want really wide sweeping landscapes then look at the Nikon AF-S DX 10-24mm f3.5-4.5G ED ultra wide angle lens. Of course the best landscape photography is done with your camera on a tripod so if you don't have a tripod then add it to your "to buy" list.

For real macro photography look at either the AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f2.8D or the AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f3.5G ED VR. Both will focus from infinity to a 1:1 reproduction ratio. The 85mm will give you a working distance a little farther away which can be good when photographing bees or wasps.

You can also use a set of extension tubes like these by Kenko:
http://www.thkphoto.com/products/kenko/slrc-04.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar