I bought a Nikon D70 used a while ago and recently damaged the lens. I had removed the lens from the camera (the lens was the one it came with retail) and it accidentally rolled off my desk. It fell while zoomed in and since then It wont zoom out farther than half way between 35mm and 50mm. The lens originally could go up to 70mm.
I tried it out and it works perfectly save zooming in beyond when it get stuck so I don't think any of the sensitive parts inside are broken.
I was wondering whether it would be more cost effective to buy a new lens or have the lens repaired. I know that lenses are expensive but I have heard that repairing them is just as expensive.
Please only reply if you know for sure.
Thanks.
Answer
If you were talking about a high end lens like the 14-24 mm f/2.8 lens ($1,830) that recently got dropped on a concrete slab, yes it is worth it. Same for the 24-70 mm f/2.8 ($1,800), well worth the cost of repair
Check with Nikon and see what they say. 800.NIKON-UX.
If your damaged lens is the 18-70 mm it may cost more to repair it than just buy a new one ($380) or maybe a good used one.
If you were talking about a high end lens like the 14-24 mm f/2.8 lens ($1,830) that recently got dropped on a concrete slab, yes it is worth it. Same for the 24-70 mm f/2.8 ($1,800), well worth the cost of repair
Check with Nikon and see what they say. 800.NIKON-UX.
If your damaged lens is the 18-70 mm it may cost more to repair it than just buy a new one ($380) or maybe a good used one.
will any camera lens fit any camera?
Arza
I have a 35mm camera with a few lenses that someone recently gave to me, but the camera body is broken (the shutter doesn't work at all) and the repair store said they have no parts for it because it's such an old camera.
it's a beseler topcon auto 100.
could I just buy a new camera and use the lenses, or would I have to buy a new camera body and lens?
Answer
Topcon was a very good camera in its day (middle to late sixties), but like every SLR camera, the lens mounting feature was different for each camera brand.
You will either have to have it repaired or buy a used one.
craigslist sometimes have them for sale Sample listing: http://poconos.craigslist.org/pho/508327469.html
IF you cannot find a good used Topcon body, then just forget about it and buy a nice used Nikon or Canon SLR with lens for under $200 on craigslist
After reading the below link I certainly would not bother trying to adapt the Topcon lenses to anything ... just sell them to someone who has a Topcon system already and use the money to buy something more standard ... Nikon or Canon
http://www.betterphoto.com/forms/QnAdetail.asp?threadID=14500
Topcon was a very good camera in its day (middle to late sixties), but like every SLR camera, the lens mounting feature was different for each camera brand.
You will either have to have it repaired or buy a used one.
craigslist sometimes have them for sale Sample listing: http://poconos.craigslist.org/pho/508327469.html
IF you cannot find a good used Topcon body, then just forget about it and buy a nice used Nikon or Canon SLR with lens for under $200 on craigslist
After reading the below link I certainly would not bother trying to adapt the Topcon lenses to anything ... just sell them to someone who has a Topcon system already and use the money to buy something more standard ... Nikon or Canon
http://www.betterphoto.com/forms/QnAdetail.asp?threadID=14500
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar