Q. I need a good Canon lens for my DSLR for all-around video recording. What's the best one available?
Answer
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II would be a good option. Its a standard lens and would work great for videos. Its features include the following:
-50mm standard lens with f/1.8 maximum aperture.
-Traditional Gauss-type optical design is extremely sharp.
-Focuses as close as 18 inches for extreme close-ups.
-Ideal for natural-looking shots; excellent color balance.
-Measures 2.7 inches in diameter.
Read this review to aid in your decision:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R892UF8G1RWDM/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00007E7JU&nodeID=&linkCode=&sourceid=md.ds&tag=famavca-20
You can get a good deal for it on here:
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU/ref=cm_rdp_product&sourceid=md.ds&tag=famavca-20
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II would be a good option. Its a standard lens and would work great for videos. Its features include the following:
-50mm standard lens with f/1.8 maximum aperture.
-Traditional Gauss-type optical design is extremely sharp.
-Focuses as close as 18 inches for extreme close-ups.
-Ideal for natural-looking shots; excellent color balance.
-Measures 2.7 inches in diameter.
Read this review to aid in your decision:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R892UF8G1RWDM/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00007E7JU&nodeID=&linkCode=&sourceid=md.ds&tag=famavca-20
You can get a good deal for it on here:
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU/ref=cm_rdp_product&sourceid=md.ds&tag=famavca-20
Reccomended lens for canon DSLR?
cyrus_xi
Im thinking about getting a canon rebel t2i DSLR soon with a large emphasis on video recording. I have a general understanding of photogpraphy tech but this is the first time I've had to look for my own lens.
I'm looking for something with a low f stop like 1.8 or lower so I can get that large DOF movie look. I understand that a "normal" lens is good for this. But won't have zoom, and it may come in handy to have a small amount of zoom(4x would bee sufficient). I also understand that zoom can be used for the DOF look in some situations.
My budget us probably about $500. Less would be better but I could get up there if it's worth it. Any info would be really great. Thanks.
Answer
I don't know of any Canon-made zoom lenses that go below f/2.8. You could check out the big fat 75-300mm f/2.8s, but then you wouldn't be under $500 by a long shot. On the other hand, like you said, longer focal lengths will also give you thinner DoF effects. So if you got a really old (rather outdated) 100-300mm that was only an f5.6 lens, you could probably get the DoF you're looking for, at least if you shot from a long ways away. One thing to beware though: the older lenses have very noisy AF motors, and I'm not positive that AF will function while you're shooting video anyway. So you'll want to take those into consideration before you choose. Good luck man!
I don't know of any Canon-made zoom lenses that go below f/2.8. You could check out the big fat 75-300mm f/2.8s, but then you wouldn't be under $500 by a long shot. On the other hand, like you said, longer focal lengths will also give you thinner DoF effects. So if you got a really old (rather outdated) 100-300mm that was only an f5.6 lens, you could probably get the DoF you're looking for, at least if you shot from a long ways away. One thing to beware though: the older lenses have very noisy AF motors, and I'm not positive that AF will function while you're shooting video anyway. So you'll want to take those into consideration before you choose. Good luck man!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar