Anybody have experience as a travel filmmaker/photographer?

canon camera lens cap strap on VNTG Canon EOS Rebel II SLR Camera w 35-80mm 1:4-5.6 Lens Cap & Strap ...
canon camera lens cap strap image



2+2 = duh.


I will be going off on a long Southeast Asia backpacking trip. I am into filmmaking and photography, but am curious as to what I should bring. The balance between quality and portability weighs on my mind. What am I getting into and should I be worried carrying around all the equipment? What kind of etiquette should I take when filming and photographing people and places? Any insight into this would be great. Thank you.


Answer
When I backpack I carry a short zoom, a long zoom and sometimes a teleconverter. Don't forget a small tripod. I have an article about travel tripods on my blog you can find below.

Before you go, check into the culture and religion of where you are going. Some religions don't approve of photos (they believe it steals the soul). And some cultures are not so friendly to foriegn photographers. Do a little homework and respect their values. If you are not sure, ask. A smile will usually get you what you want.

If I am taking candids on the street I will often 'shoot from the hip' where I do not look through the viewfinder, or I try to shoot subjects so they do not see me. Another way to go is to have an angle finder on your viewfinder. This allows you to stand looking at 90 degrees to the angle you are shooting. Does not make people so suspicious.

Change the strap on your camera so it does not say the brand of camera you are using. Use black tape to cover the "Canon" on the camera itself and the lens caps. Even put some duct tape in places so your camera and gear is not a target for thieves.

Have a great trip!

Where can I find Canon Pellix QL accessories?




Alyssa


I bought a Canon Pellix at an antique store the other day, and I would really like to buy some accessories I deem pretty necessary (like a lense cap and a strap), but I can't seem to find them ANYWHERE. I looked on Ebay; I tried looking on Canon's website, but you know how that works.

Can anyone pleeease help me find somewhere to buy AT LEAST a lense cap?



Answer
Do you have the manual?
That's fairly important...
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/canon/canon_pellix/cannon_pellix.pdf

The battery, of course.
The camera takes a 1.35v mercury cell. Not made anymore and actually illegal because of the environmental damage associated with mercury.
But there's a substitute available...
http://cgi.ebay.com/BATTERY-for-FTb-FTbn-Pellix-Dial-35-Canonet-QL17_W0QQitemZ250631436621QQcategoryZ15241QQcmdZViewItem#vi-content

Ever ready case (with strap)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-Camera-Case-genuine-leather-Pellix-QL-/120429037579?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

The lens cap would be associated with the lens, not Pellix. Probably a standard Canon of the appropriate filter size.

Edit *****************************************

It's not worth that much - $50 to $100 on ebay. Similar to many ordinary SLRs.
http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=pellix+-wein+-battery&_sacat=15241&_sop=12&_dmpt=Film_Cameras&_dmd=1&LH_Complete=1&_odkw=pellix+-wein&_osacat=15241&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313
It isn't an ordinary SLR, by the way, the mirror doesn't move. The light that hits the mirror is split - one third goes up and is what you see through the viewfinder and two thirds goes through to the film when you press the shutter button.
As the mirror doesn't have to move, with a bulk film back and a power winder, it's capable of 10 frames per second.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar