Which film cameras have used Carl Zeiss and Leica lens?

nikon film camera g lens on behind the lens: Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX: The DX-format normal lens
nikon film camera g lens image



montparnas


I've been very pleased with my Sony and Panasonic digicams that use Carl Zeiss and Leica lens, but I was wondering if I can get a film camera, a SLR or a compact one, with these lens brands on it? Of course I've used Nikons and Canon with their property lens, but I'd like to clear this doubt...
Thank you for being as precise as possible!



Answer
Well, you've got two major options.

Contax is a Zeiss brand that was licensed to Kyocera, and Kyocera made quite a few excellent cameras that use Zeiss lenses. Zeiss also used the Contax brand long before it licensed it to Kyocera, and there are many old Zeiss cameras from then.

Zeiss also makes lenses for the famous Hasselblad and Rollei medium format cameras. Those are very expensive and require a lot of experience to use though.

There are other companies that Zeiss has made lenses for, but they're of much less interest than Contax.

Contax has several lines of cameras that use Carl Zeiss lenses. There's the 645 Professional (medium format), 35mm SLRs, the G Series rangefinders, and T Series compact cameras. Contax also made some digital cameras, but they're starting to get long in the teeth.

All four (well, three if you don't count the 645) lines have excellent cameras, some of the best in their respective classes. You can't buy a bad one, really.

Regarding the SLRs: The prices for them are very low for the quality, but they're higher than a normal consumer would be used to. They're about in line with similar cameras and lenses from Nikon, although there are some rare and extremely expensive lenses.

The Contax G might be the best value of the bunch, with relatively low camera prices and some of the best lenses ever made. The 45mm f/2 is noted for being the sharpest lens ever tested by Photodo, and the 28mm f/2.8 and 90mm f/2.8 lenses are reputedly the sharpest lenses in their classes. The rangefinder design is excellent and has a high degree of automation. There are quirks in operation though, particularly the focusing.

The T series compacts look awesome, but I've never gotten one due to the prices. They go for much higher prices than competing 35mm compacts. The T3 looks like an incredible backup & travel camera. The T2 is a little bigger and less expensive. I haven't looked into the TVS or other cameras in the series.

Well, that's all that I know about Zeiss and Contax. I hope that helped!

which 35mm film camera will work with my d90 lenses?




Taylor


I have the 55-200mm af s vr lens and the 50mm f/1.8 lens for the nikon d90! I am going to get a 35mm film camera and want to just buy a body! which will work with these lense! I don't want to spend alot (that may mean buying used) Thanks guys


Answer
Any of the Nikon F-Mount lenses will fit Nikon cameras (film and digital alike) made since the days of the Johnson Administration.

The snag you're going to run into is needing an aperture ring on the lens itself. From what I understand, the G-series lenses lack an external aperture adjusting ring, as aperture is controlled by the camera, but you won't be able to adjust aperture using the film cameras, as their architecture still relies upon setting aperture via the lens.

Other than that you should be fine.

I hope this helps!
Darin




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar