Wanna buy a Dslr...................?




Agony Aunt


Hey All!

M a newbie in Dslr world..Plannin to buy Canon 450D in a time of one week as m goin on a Europe and UK tour!M just buyin it for a hobby..!

.But not sure abt d lense...Cud u guide me as to Which 1 shud i go for?Am i making a right choice buy selecting this model?

My budget is around INR 40,000 thats almost 813 USD.

Thanx!

Love,



Answer
Great Choice !!
For beginners to intermediates I suggest the Canon EOS Rebel model XSi. (Also known as the Canon 450D in Britain)The "kit" package comes with an 18-55mm zoom lens. The camera has pop-up flash, 12.2 Megapixels, and shutter speeds up to 1/4000th, 7 autoexposure modes, Shutter Priority, Aperature Priority and Programmed Modes. It also has a 3 inch LCD screen and numerous other great features found only on more expensive cameras. Wal-Mart is also selling them now for about $799. ...right at your budget level.
I bought one 6 months ago and absolutely love it. I have gotten some fantastic photos with it.

I'm new to DSLRs and thinking of buying my very first DSLR?




Girl Next


Thinking of getting Canon 600D. I heard its easy for beginners to handle. What would you guys suggest ? Plus which lens kit should I buy ? Would I be fine with18-135 mm considering I have no prior experience with DSLRs ?

I have seen photos taken from Canon 600D and I really liked those. Its the lens part that I'm confused about. I'm after something that'd give me wonderful results because I cant spend money again and again. Please guide me on this. I'd learn all the features and start photography once I get a DSLR of my own :)
Thanks for answering. Is there anything like zoom lens ? Do you have to buy it separately or do they come in the lens kit ? I'm just all so new to this dslr stuff but I wanna start learning. And I'm confused which lens should I buy for the first time ? 18-55 or 18-135 ? Which one would give better results ? Sorry for so many questions
Oh and is 55-250 good with both close and distant capturing ? I intend to take everyday photos. Like you know when your out with family & friends or some party/wedding. It feels so good to save memories :)



Answer
I've had that camera for a number of years and it takes good photos.

It's as easy as anything is if you know what you're doing. Yes you can take excellent photos with it, BUT you need to be aware of a number of factors, not least what the different effects of the aperture, shutter speed and ISO are.

So don't expect every photo to be perfect, you have to understand what's going on in order to get the camera settings appropriate for the circumstances.

That lens will be fine for many circumstances, it's reasonably wide angle to moderately telephoto.

You may want to do a bit of reading around about focal length to understand the range you have and what it may be capable of.

Note that because DSLR cameras have interchangeable lenses you don't get the zoom range that you get on many compact cameras. This means that you may need to spend money on additional lenses to get more focal length range if necessary.

In your situation, depending on budget, you may want to look at the 18-55 and 55-250mm IS (not the STM with the 600D) lenses rather than the 18-135. The 55-250 will give you a decent telephoto range for more distant objects.

It's going to depend on what you are planning to photograph.


Edit

You're going to have to learn some terminology. When you see a lens described as 18-55mm or 18-135mm that is a zoom lens. It can zoom from 18mm to 55mm or 135mm.

If there's only one number, 24mm, 28mm, 35mm, 50mm or whatever that's a "prime" lens or fixed focal length lens.

AWboater is right in terms of costs. As I said, you may have a limited focal length with lenses and lenses cost money. You can easily spend 5 or 10 times the cost of the body alone if you want a range of good lenses.

By "close capturing" do you mean macro, i.e. flowers or insects? If so, no. The minimum focus distance isn't close enough.

For weddings, friends, family, etc, the 18-55 will be better than the 18-135 because it's smaller and lighter than the 18-135. If you're out and about you'll need to use the flash as well. The 600D has a built in flash that's useful to 3m or so and for a focal length of around 30-50mm.

Another thing to note, though it probably won't mean a whole lot at the moment..... the 600D is what's known as an APS-C or cropped sensor camera. The focal length of lenses (18-55, etc) are defined with respect to 35mm film cameras and full size sensors are the same size as a 35mm negative (if you've ever sen any film slides or negatives) A crop sensor camera has a smaller sensor and the effect of this is to make the focal length of the lens seem bigger. For the 600D the scaling factor is 1.6 so the focal length as seen is 18x1.6 to 55x1.6. What this means is that the field of view is less than you'd get with a full frame camera. What this also means is that, for taking photos of people close to you, you need shorter focal lengths, hence an 18-55 lens may be more suitable than the 18-135 lens.

The 55-250 is good for things at a distance, for example animals, and the higher focal length is also good for squashing the perspective in photos - looking along something like a rail track, or a fence, for artistic purposes.

It all depends on what you want to photograph and what you want to spend.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar