Amber
Now, unfortunately I'm not talking about [those big, gorgeous] SLR's haha I'm talking about small digital point and shoots. I'm looking into purchasing a small camera because the one I have is rather large; therefore snapping photos with friends on the go isn't always comfortable/safe. I can get this camera for $70: http://www.olympuscanada.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1492&page=overview is this a good camera in your opinion? I've gone over the specs etc. and it all seems pretty nice; however I'm a huge macro fan :P if I were to get this I would also purchase an old school pentax k1000
OOOR should I purchase one of these:
http://www.canon.ca/inetCA/products?m=gp&pid=793#_020
or perhaps another Canon point and shoot
I'm also looking into this one: http://nikon.ca/en/Product.aspx?m=16904&disp=Specs I'm drooling over it's macro capabilities even if it is digital
So, snag the deal, or save up?? Thank you!! :)
Answer
I like the idea of the old school Pentax k1000. Then U can get a 55 mm macro lens, or bellows, or other close up lenses. U DO have to develop the film, but U can do all kinds of things easier with a film SLR camera that is more difficult and hugely expensive with a digital camera. U could even go with a medium format camera if weight is not going to be problem. Medium format cameras are going for incredible cheap from what they cost 15 years ago. U can buy a whole set up for less than $300. And they even have Polaroid backs available.
A Pentax K1000 is a good choice, as it has a mechanical shutter, so if U do long exposures, U don't have to worry about using all the battery juice. I love night photography and use mostly mechanical shutter cameras that don't require batteries, just for the same reason.
For your digital camera it is important to remember that U might not bring it with you if it is too expensive. Leica cameras are usually incredibly expensive, so I can't really see buying one and then worrying about dropping it or getting mugged because people recognize the name.
I like the idea of the old school Pentax k1000. Then U can get a 55 mm macro lens, or bellows, or other close up lenses. U DO have to develop the film, but U can do all kinds of things easier with a film SLR camera that is more difficult and hugely expensive with a digital camera. U could even go with a medium format camera if weight is not going to be problem. Medium format cameras are going for incredible cheap from what they cost 15 years ago. U can buy a whole set up for less than $300. And they even have Polaroid backs available.
A Pentax K1000 is a good choice, as it has a mechanical shutter, so if U do long exposures, U don't have to worry about using all the battery juice. I love night photography and use mostly mechanical shutter cameras that don't require batteries, just for the same reason.
For your digital camera it is important to remember that U might not bring it with you if it is too expensive. Leica cameras are usually incredibly expensive, so I can't really see buying one and then worrying about dropping it or getting mugged because people recognize the name.
How to carry a camera safely around San Francisco? easy 10 points.?
Alex Chenk
I have a pretty big camera, a nikon D3100 18-55 VR Lens Kit (please google it to see how big it is). So I'm wondering how safe it'll be to carry this around my neck in San Francisco when I visit in December.
I don't know if I should get a messenger bag for it or if a hand strap would be better. Generally, I'm not too sure about crime rates in San Francisco so I'm slightly paranoid because I just bought the camera and don't want to open myself up to be mugged.
Anyway, what do you think is the best way to carry it around? Or should I just forgo the whole nikon and take a really small one? (which would suck because I was looking forward to trying out my nikon).
Answer
I'm from the San Francisco area. I think you'll be ok. Muggings are more common for ipods or cell phones and in bad neighborhoods like the Tenderloin or Hunter's Point. Around your neck should be good. I think locals appreciate poole enjoying the scenery, SF is a beautiful city!
I'm from the San Francisco area. I think you'll be ok. Muggings are more common for ipods or cell phones and in bad neighborhoods like the Tenderloin or Hunter's Point. Around your neck should be good. I think locals appreciate poole enjoying the scenery, SF is a beautiful city!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar