Michelle
I have a Canon XSi. I have the focus set so that I can choose the focus point. When I take a picture, I push the shutter button half way down so that I can choose my focus point. I set the center red dot as my focus. I then set the red focus dot over one of my subjects eyes so that she is what is clear in my picture. But the problem I have, it doesn't always "listen" to what I tell it to have in focus. Many times the camera still focuses on the background and my subject is blurry. When I set the camera to focus on my subject, why is it focusing on the background. I just can't get this figured out. I never have a problem with it focusing on things closer to me. It always jumps to the background. Please Help. What am I doing wrong?
Michelle
Answer
I have read your question over a few times, and I can only come up with one thing that you MIGHT be doing wrong, and I only say this because you did not mention it.
So, ok, you have set the camera to ONLY use the center point. You place the center on your subject. You press the shutter half way down. Now, it is NOT focusing at all and immediately going to the background? If so, then I would say there is definitely a malfunction with either the camera or lens.
Now, if the camera IS achieving focus on the subject at that time, WHEN is it losing focus? I assume you are recomposing the photo after placing the center focus point on your subject, right? Are you still holding the shutter button half way down to lock in focus while you recompose, or are you releasing it. If you release it, recompose, then press the shutter button again, it is going to refocus on whatever is in the path of the center point.
You may be holding the shutter button down after focusing and recomposing, I am just saying you did not say so in your question, and it is the only thing I can see that could be causing the problem, .... except for malfunction of the camera or lens.
steve
I have read your question over a few times, and I can only come up with one thing that you MIGHT be doing wrong, and I only say this because you did not mention it.
So, ok, you have set the camera to ONLY use the center point. You place the center on your subject. You press the shutter half way down. Now, it is NOT focusing at all and immediately going to the background? If so, then I would say there is definitely a malfunction with either the camera or lens.
Now, if the camera IS achieving focus on the subject at that time, WHEN is it losing focus? I assume you are recomposing the photo after placing the center focus point on your subject, right? Are you still holding the shutter button half way down to lock in focus while you recompose, or are you releasing it. If you release it, recompose, then press the shutter button again, it is going to refocus on whatever is in the path of the center point.
You may be holding the shutter button down after focusing and recomposing, I am just saying you did not say so in your question, and it is the only thing I can see that could be causing the problem, .... except for malfunction of the camera or lens.
steve
Canon cameras............?
crank that
okay i have a canon Powershot A530 and a Canon EOS D60 and whenever i use them, it never wants to take the picture. as in they have a hard time focusing and half the time ive been putting my lens on MF because it never wants to take the picture
so i guess my question is:
does your camera ever do that?
and
is there anything i can do to fix it?
thanks :)
Answer
The camera will take the image when it achieves focus. Are you sure you know how to use the focusing system? Types of situation you need to have enough contrast for focus, enough light, lens aperture set correctly, camera set up properly.....I agree this sounds like operator error, but it could be a problem with the camera as well.....take it back to the store and have a tech look at it.....heck even a salesman at Best Buy should be able to use a camera correctly.
The camera will take the image when it achieves focus. Are you sure you know how to use the focusing system? Types of situation you need to have enough contrast for focus, enough light, lens aperture set correctly, camera set up properly.....I agree this sounds like operator error, but it could be a problem with the camera as well.....take it back to the store and have a tech look at it.....heck even a salesman at Best Buy should be able to use a camera correctly.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar