Best Nikon Standard Zoom Lens For a D80 Nikon Digital Camera.?




Jim D


I would like to stay within the Standard Nikon zoom choices. Also which standard non - zoom AF lenses are OK to be used on the D80.


Answer
I'm not sure what you mean by "standard."

If you mean something that is not a "super-zoom," then look at the lens that comes in the kit. It's an 18-135 that covers quite a bit of territory without being very heavy or large. Ken Rockwell isn't in love with the lens, though.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/18-135.htm

His favorite - and one of mine - is the 18-200 VR lens. It's not cheap ($750) and pretty much unavailable unless you want to pay a premium price ($900+) on eBay. This is a good "walking around" lens. This is the lens that pretty much lives on my camera to be ready for anything, unless I change it to another lens when I know I am going to be shooting for a specific purpose. Okay, it's not the world's PERFECT lens, but it is not too shabby. Go here and read Rockwell's review:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/18200.htm

Go here and look at the sample images. Click on them to view them full screen. If you click at least once in the white space, your cursor will turn into a magnifier when you scroll it back over the image. Click again over the image and it will zoom to 100% size so you can really examine the image.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/18200/examples/index.htm

I suggest this lens because it's not too much bigger than the 18-70, but it adds quite a bit of reach and you will find that you just won't have to change lenses for your stated subjects. The 10 MP of the D80 will allow plenty of cropping if you can't get quite as full an image as you'd like.

"Optically, this lens is the best superzoom weâve seen, though itâs not compatible with Nikon teleconverters, extension rings, or coupled macro bellows. It also costs about $300 more than third-party digital-only glass. But are extremely rugged construction, unusually well-controlled distortion, and four extra handholdable speeds worth the extra bucks? That, and more."

http://www.popphoto.com/cameralenses/2763/lens-test-nikon-18-200mm-f35-56g-dx-vr-af-s.html

If by "standard," you mean non-DX lenses, then consider the 24-85 or the 24-120:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/2485afs.htm
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/24120vr.htm

Why isn't my Nikon D80 camera lens working?




Amber N


I have a Nikon D80 digital camera and the lens seems to be broken. When I'm trying to take outdoor pictures now, unless I have the lens completely extended, the picture turns out VERY light. I have to zoom all the way in for the picture to turn out normal. When Iâm indoors and using flash, it seems to work fine. Does anyone know what I need to do different to make this camera work outside without having super-light pictures? Or is it time for a new lens? Thanks.
Sorry, should have added that the lens says it's a "AF-S NIKKOR 18-135 mm 1:3.5 5.6G ED." (Whatever that means.) It also says Nikon DX on the lens. And it takes the really light photos on every setting I put it on.



Answer
1st question... what lens? Complete ID...

2nd question... what mode do you have the camera set to when this happens?

If could very well be the aperture is stuck, but let's make sure before we get it sent off to Nikon for service.

EDIT: If you have tried this in manual and auto modes, and the lens is still acting this way, it sounds like the aperture is stuck open. This could be the camera has an error, or the lens has an error. You need a second Nikon lens to stick on the camera and see what happens. If the lens aperture stays wide open like your current lens, your camera has the problem. If the second lens works as it should, your lens has the problem. One of them needs to go to Nikon.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar