Can you use a film camera lens on a DSLR?




PurpleJB


I have a film camera lens, and am wondering if I can use it on a Nikon D3000 DSLR. I'm not sure what the model number os the lens is, but the box says 35~235 mm F / 3.5~4.5, and then 55mm in smaller letters at the bottom. Can someone tell me what this means? I'm afraid I don't know very much about cameras. The lens also says it's for a Canon, which could be problematic. Tell me if this is a stupid question, but I could really like to know! Thanks in advance. :)
Forgot: the brand of the lens is Sigma, not sure if that helps at all.



Answer
A lens made for a Canon will NOT fit or work on a Nikon DSLR

ANY of the Nikkor AF-S lenses made or used AF-S or AF-I lenses will work perfectly on your camera, whether it was designed for full frame cameras like the Nikon 35 mm SLR's or the D3 / D700 DSLR's

If you run into a generic lens like the Sigma that has an internal focusing motor, it two will work on your camera, but probably not as well or as long as a true Nikkor lens

There are propriatary electronics in Nikkor lenses that none of the generic lenses can have ... they would be violating the patent that belongs to Nikon and none of the will last for decades like Nikkors are so well known for. I have lenses from the early 1970's that I use on my D300 and D3 bodies

Film camera/Lens compatability?




b-onk-ers


Could anyone tell me if it is possible to use a NIKON SERIES E 35MM 1:2.5 lens on a NIKON FG 35MM SLR?


Answer
All Nikon SLR and DSLR cameras can use the entire line of Nikon lenses. The only exception is the DX line of DSLR lenses since they are optimized for the cropped sensor in cameras like the D40, D60, D90, etc. If you use them on a 35mm film camera the image circle will be too small to cover the film frame. If you use a DX lens on one of Nikon's full-frame DSLR cameras - D3, D3x, D700 - the camera will adjust to the smaller image circle and your image will be the same saize as it would be on a D40, etc.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar