What is the best SLR to buy on a tight budget?




Courtney C


I want a good SLR camera with a lot of zoom for not a lot of money. I have twin boys and I want to be able to take great pictures of them!


Answer
First...SLR normally means 35mm FILM and DSLR is a Digital SLR.
Second...define "not a lot of money"
Third...With a SLR/DSLR camera the "zoom" is determined by the lens you use. The best quality lenses either have no zoom (called a Prime lens) or they start around $1,200 (that price doesn't include the camera).
Fourth...without any experience or training, the chance of you taking "great" pictures with either a SLR or DSLR is slim.

All of that aside... an "entry level" DSLR kit (~$650), extra battery/memory cards/camera case ($150), and taxes (whatever your tax rate is...10% is easy math...$80) puts you around $880.

BUT...The best thing for you to do is to go to an actual camera shop (not an electronics store). You need to hold/handle/try the different brands and model in your budget to see what feels comfortable to you, and that you can find/use the controls easily. I chose Canon for its ergonomics and menu layout while a fellow photog chose Nikon for the same reason.

If you go to http://www.yellowpages.com type in camera and your city, state you can see if there are any camera shops near you. I personally avoid Ritz/Wolf though.

Where can I get a digital slr camera?

Q. I am looking for a cheap digital slr camera. I'm just beginning photography so I don't need a camera with all the bells and whistles, but just something that will get me by until I get better. I'm looking for a camera that is under $400, or around there. Even a suggestion for a brand or a specific model can help. Thanks for anything you can give me!!


Answer
At that price you're looking at the used or refurbished markets. Big stores like B&H but also cameta and some merchants on amazon are quite reliable. A nikon d3000 or a canon xs or possibly a twin lens olympus 420 or 620 kit.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar