Is a SLR camera lens compatible with a DSLR camera?




Ambray


I have a third party lens on an older SLR pentax camera (2OO4ish) and I was curious if it could be used on a new DSLR camera.

thanks.



Answer
A lens is just a lens, what you should be asking is if the lens mount is compatible with the camera mount, because if they don't click together it doesn't really matter.

Can you use an slr camera's lens on a dslr camera?




awesome_an


I have 2 canon cameras, one is film, the other digital, both are slrs. This may be pointless to ask, but I'm just curious if i can use the lens from my film slr camera on my dslr camera. the lens is a canon, 28-90 mm f/4-5.6 I think. Will it be compatible and work with my dslr? are there any constraints/problems if i do this?
***thanks for the responses! & sorry I forgot to add, they're both EOS, so I'm guessing that means the lenses are compatible. Thanks again, I didn't know that is what indicated which lenses would work or not!



Answer
I think that's an EF lens, in fact I'm sure it is. If it is a EF lens it will be fine to use on your DSLR, I have a couple of old EF film lenses I use with my 40D, 15 years old and still great lenses!.

The older FD lenses are incompatible, shame really because I use these with my Canon A-1, they may be manual focus but are incredible lenses.

*IMPORTANT* Check your 28-90mm is NOT an FD, fitting this to your camera will break it!!!!

if its not FD then your EF 28-90mm is fine, it will function perfectly, Autofocus and everything.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar