UKR
i am a car fanatic and love to shoot photos of our group. Recently Ive found out its better to use a fish eye lens and i want to know with one is good and whats the difference between 0.42x and smaller dimensions and bigger. basically i want video like in skateboarding montages.
I have a canon rebel t3i/600D
Answer
If you want a fisheye lens, buy a true fisheye lens.
Adapters such as you found at best are marginal quality, and at worst can damage the focusing motor on your lens. The focus motor system found in the lens was never made to focus such heavy filter/lenses, and eventually could burn out the focus motor.
Some lenses have internally focusing mechanisms (wherein the lens barrel does not extend or retract when focusing), so if you have one of these, you won't likely burn out the focus motor. But if your lens barrel moves while focusing (not when zooming), you are at risk of burning out the focus motor with such heavy add-ons.
If you want a fisheye lens, buy a true fisheye lens.
Adapters such as you found at best are marginal quality, and at worst can damage the focusing motor on your lens. The focus motor system found in the lens was never made to focus such heavy filter/lenses, and eventually could burn out the focus motor.
Some lenses have internally focusing mechanisms (wherein the lens barrel does not extend or retract when focusing), so if you have one of these, you won't likely burn out the focus motor. But if your lens barrel moves while focusing (not when zooming), you are at risk of burning out the focus motor with such heavy add-ons.
Noob camera lens question (Canon Digital Rebel XT)?
Hannie<3
I'm not interested in professional photography in anyway, I simply like taking high quality photos of myself for myspace. Yes, some of you will say that's stupid, however, It's something I enjoy doing with my time, and chances are I'll find your hobbies stupid. Anyways, onto the question. I got a Canon Digital Rebel XT for last Christmas, unfortunately my mother ordered the wrong lens with it, and I'm unable to take pictures of myself without a mirror. It's a 50mm and when I attempt taking photos of myself it zooms in way, WAY to close... What lens would be perfect for taking pictures of myself by facing my camera towards me (at arms length or less)? Thanks in advance. :)
Yes, I've taken pictures of other people with it and it works lovely, It's taking one of myself that is the problem. My Mother got the camera discount and it did not come with a lens, so I think she just took a guess, lol.
Answer
Actually, the lens you have is quite perfect for a portrait (half body/headshot) of someone else. To hold the camera up at arm's length, you need a wider lens (but the problem with that is it will distort your face).
The kit lens that it originally came with, the 18-55 mm lens, is not expensive, and it will do.
p.s. Photography is fun. And I don't think it's stupid at all as a hobby. However, if a person learns how to use his / her camera, it will make it much more enjoyable.
Actually, the lens you have is quite perfect for a portrait (half body/headshot) of someone else. To hold the camera up at arm's length, you need a wider lens (but the problem with that is it will distort your face).
The kit lens that it originally came with, the 18-55 mm lens, is not expensive, and it will do.
p.s. Photography is fun. And I don't think it's stupid at all as a hobby. However, if a person learns how to use his / her camera, it will make it much more enjoyable.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar