Akira
My mom's friend is turning 55 in a week, and she's going to hire me to take the photos. I'm a 14 year old amateur :P How can I make sure I don't disappoint her?
I have a Nikon Digital Camera D3000 with an 18-55mm zoom lense.
Answer
In my opinion the first thing you want to do is turn off your on camera flash or dial it's intensity down to about -2 stops and shoot with long exposure flash mode so that your aperture stays open long enough to fill in what your flash doesn't. Either method get rid of the awful flash look where the people are fully lit and harsh looking and the background dead dark. You may have to boast your ISO up a good deal to be able to shoot like this without getting a lot of motion blur. This will make your pictures grainier looking but it is in my opinion far preferable to crappy looking flashed out faces. You will also likely want to be shooting with your lens wide or near wide open using low f numbers. This is good for two reasons. It give you selective focus, making your subject sharp and the background blurry and it also means you can have higher shutters speeds in lower light thus eliminating motion blur.
Have fun with it.
In my opinion the first thing you want to do is turn off your on camera flash or dial it's intensity down to about -2 stops and shoot with long exposure flash mode so that your aperture stays open long enough to fill in what your flash doesn't. Either method get rid of the awful flash look where the people are fully lit and harsh looking and the background dead dark. You may have to boast your ISO up a good deal to be able to shoot like this without getting a lot of motion blur. This will make your pictures grainier looking but it is in my opinion far preferable to crappy looking flashed out faces. You will also likely want to be shooting with your lens wide or near wide open using low f numbers. This is good for two reasons. It give you selective focus, making your subject sharp and the background blurry and it also means you can have higher shutters speeds in lower light thus eliminating motion blur.
Have fun with it.
Ok. Say I'm the last one on earth to add digital camera to my closet.?
Titan
I've been taking pictures as a pro since college days (been hired to take sport photography). I've been denying digital SLR thinking film still rules the earth, until of course D300 is coming out in November, and I've placed my order already. Thought 12.1 Mpx is film quality. What lense I should go for: 28-200 Nikkor as a first lense? What else would you suggest in the Nikkor product line. Which other body of camera I should be thinking of except the very expensive D3? Appreciate your guys comments esp. lenses. I mean I have loads of other Nikkon lenses for film already.
Oh. I'm no taking pro pictures any more. I work in a bank, doing underwriting and loans mostly. Taking pix now for fun. I have Nikon FM2n, FE and a small Nikon automatic. All film.
Answer
Welcome to the world of digital.
I made the move a few years ago, because the people I was shooting for needed digital images for their website. It was costing me way too much to digitize my 35mm images!
The lens you buy next should be based on what you already have and what types of photos you want to take. Since you have ordered a D300 (boy, am I envious), every Nikon lens you currently have will work wonderfully.
If I may make a couple of suggestions - you owe it to yourself to discover current Nikon advances and the amazing abilities of their VR line. The inexpensive 55-200mm VR, the great 18-200mm VR, or the 70-300mm VR, they are DX lenses and would be great optics for your new system.
First find out what your existing lenses can do, then find newer optic to expand your horizons. Here's a list of suggested lens for you.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/nikkor.htm#af
I hope this is helpful for you. (and an early congrats on your new D300)
Welcome to the world of digital.
I made the move a few years ago, because the people I was shooting for needed digital images for their website. It was costing me way too much to digitize my 35mm images!
The lens you buy next should be based on what you already have and what types of photos you want to take. Since you have ordered a D300 (boy, am I envious), every Nikon lens you currently have will work wonderfully.
If I may make a couple of suggestions - you owe it to yourself to discover current Nikon advances and the amazing abilities of their VR line. The inexpensive 55-200mm VR, the great 18-200mm VR, or the 70-300mm VR, they are DX lenses and would be great optics for your new system.
First find out what your existing lenses can do, then find newer optic to expand your horizons. Here's a list of suggested lens for you.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/nikkor.htm#af
I hope this is helpful for you. (and an early congrats on your new D300)
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar