Help understanding DSLR cameras?




xcxrxmx


I am pursuing a graphic design major and interested in getting a dslr camera.
What is the deal with the lenses? Do you need them immediately when purchasing the camera?
Would it be the body price plus the lenses?
Or could the lenses be gradually added overtime and the base kit is enough to start?

In your opinion what camera is the best investment for the price?



Answer
I think you should go with Nikon D90 DX 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera
* 12.3-megapixel DX-format CMOS imaging sensor
* 5.8x AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens included
* D-Movie Mode; Cinematic 24fps HD with sound
* 3-inch super-density 920,000-dot color LCD monitor
* Capture images to SD/SDHC memory cards
http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D90-Digital-18-105mm-3-5-5-6G/dp/B001ENOZY4/?tag=nktf-20

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574865779&toolid=10001&campid=5336440665&customid=nktf&mpre=http%3a%2f%2fshop.ebay.com%2fi.html%3f_nkw%3dnikon%2bd90%2bcamera%26_sacat%3d0%26_odkw%3dcanon%2bt2i%2bcamera%26_osacat%3d0%26_trksid%3dp3286.c0.m270.l1311

Whats the best lens for my Pentax k-x dslr camera?




Adam


I'm not a photographer. My mom bought me this pink Pentax k-x dslr and it takes nice pictures but not always and I'm not really good at playing with the settings I always leave it on 'Auto Pict'. I'm going on vacation to Israel, and since its a once in a lifetime trip, I want some really nice pictures. I want to bring this camera since its the nicest one I have, is there a most popular lens someone can recommend? I have a (this is what is says on it) smc pentax-dal 1:3.5-5.6 18-55mm AL 52mm. I don't feel like it takes the best pictures, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.


Answer
You are doing something wrong, but don't worry. 99% of beginners do the same thing, it's easily fixed.

You don't need a new lens, you just need to learn how to use your camera.
You won't take good pictures unless you understand exposure and can correctly operate (it doesn't have to be fast) your camera in full manual mode.

I would strongly recommend buying a book about understanding exposure or search youtube for videos on how to get your DSLR out of auto mode or how to use your DSLR in manual mode.
Once you can operate the camera correctly then you won't have a single problem taking pictures in Israel - the weather will actually make setting your settings relatively easy. It should take no more than 2 days of learning and practice to learn how to use your camera in manual, it would then take a week or more to learn how to do so proficiently. You will spend the rest of your life after that constantly trying to improve your ability to use the camera as fast and instinctively as possible.

Now-a-days I can look at what I want to take a picture of and pretty much guess my settings before I've even lifted my camera up to my eye. Years and years ago when I started (when film cameras were still used) I had an awful amount of trouble trying to get my settings right, and it was much more difficult back then. You have no excuse for not being able to operate your camera in full manual mode now-a-days, it's much simpler.

It seems like a lot of effort at first, but it will pay off in the end when you have awesome photographs of your trip! If you have the money pick up a photography book about composition too, that will help you create even better photographs. I recommend buying the books because you can bring them on your trip with you and consult them if you have encounter any problems.

Have fun with the learning and I hope you enjoy your trip!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar