Matt
I just drop my Canon EOS 60D 18-200mm lens and I feel like crap. I just bought the camera like 2 months ago and these lens are very expensive.
I'd like to know if there's a way or a place to fix them. The glass is intact, the plastic is damaged. I still can use it this way but it looks ugly. I also think I'll have some trouble in putting the filters. I can use super glue to put it, I just want to know if there's another way.
Thank you
Answer
Mmm it isn't the most expensive lens out of the line up luckily but yes you learned a good lesson. Keep your camera safe! Not every lens is build to withstand storms.
The 18-200 is one of the cheaper lenses and is hence build pretty cheaply. It works.. but it isn't weatherproofed and also has to be handled with care. I once have a 55-200mm with me but not in a protective bag and. Well it still works .. but it is kinda louder now while focussing. :!
As long as you still can use it I say use it. Take this as a lesson always to make sure to keep an eye on your camera. And for travel use LowePro camera bags. They are nicely padded and can take the usual travel beating.
And really fixing it [aka sending it to canon] .. it won't be cheap. Maybe just keep using it ..
in the end if the images you get out of it still are good just accept that the outside is a bit less good looking now. I mean it still focusses right the glass still is right. A shame about the filter thread but.. eh .. well you don't REQUIRE a filter.
Mmm it isn't the most expensive lens out of the line up luckily but yes you learned a good lesson. Keep your camera safe! Not every lens is build to withstand storms.
The 18-200 is one of the cheaper lenses and is hence build pretty cheaply. It works.. but it isn't weatherproofed and also has to be handled with care. I once have a 55-200mm with me but not in a protective bag and. Well it still works .. but it is kinda louder now while focussing. :!
As long as you still can use it I say use it. Take this as a lesson always to make sure to keep an eye on your camera. And for travel use LowePro camera bags. They are nicely padded and can take the usual travel beating.
And really fixing it [aka sending it to canon] .. it won't be cheap. Maybe just keep using it ..
in the end if the images you get out of it still are good just accept that the outside is a bit less good looking now. I mean it still focusses right the glass still is right. A shame about the filter thread but.. eh .. well you don't REQUIRE a filter.
canon eos 50d lens question?
Yodola
Is the lens pretty good on this camera? For the money?
Answer
Are you talking the "stock" 18-55 mm or newest 18-200 mm?
For the money any Canon lens it excellent ... and they will last for decades.
Are you talking the "stock" 18-55 mm or newest 18-200 mm?
For the money any Canon lens it excellent ... and they will last for decades.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar