xThe Poiso
Can someone point out a few pros and cons for each?
and which would you personally rather have?
Thank you. :)
Answer
A DSLR offers more features and interchangeable lenses, making it more versatile and better if you want to get creative with your images. The size can be a problem for some people, and you really need to take the time to learn how to use all the features.
A compact camera is easier to use and more portable, but the only lens is the one that comes mounted on it. It's great for snapshots, but very limited as far as creativity. And it's generally slower than a DSLR in response time.
I prefer a DSLR, but sometimes it would be nice to just grab a pocket camera out of my purse. At least that would be better than a cell phone camera anyway.
A DSLR offers more features and interchangeable lenses, making it more versatile and better if you want to get creative with your images. The size can be a problem for some people, and you really need to take the time to learn how to use all the features.
A compact camera is easier to use and more portable, but the only lens is the one that comes mounted on it. It's great for snapshots, but very limited as far as creativity. And it's generally slower than a DSLR in response time.
I prefer a DSLR, but sometimes it would be nice to just grab a pocket camera out of my purse. At least that would be better than a cell phone camera anyway.
Good first dslr camera?
Q. I'm thinking about buying my first dSLR camera, but am unsure what to buy even after much research.
Some I've considered:
- Canon t4i (650d)
- Nikon D7000
I can't think of the others but there are more.
I have a few questions:
1- What difference does it make if the viewfinder only "covers 95%", what effect does this have?
2- What is the advantage of a full-frame dslr vs a mid-frame like the canon t4i?
3- What DSLR under $1000 would you suggest for a beginner? (I am tech savvy, though)
Thanks.
I am also very intirested in shooting video with whatever dSLR I get, and brand is not important to me (though I heard canon and nikon are good).
Some I've considered:
- Canon t4i (650d)
- Nikon D7000
I can't think of the others but there are more.
I have a few questions:
1- What difference does it make if the viewfinder only "covers 95%", what effect does this have?
2- What is the advantage of a full-frame dslr vs a mid-frame like the canon t4i?
3- What DSLR under $1000 would you suggest for a beginner? (I am tech savvy, though)
Thanks.
I am also very intirested in shooting video with whatever dSLR I get, and brand is not important to me (though I heard canon and nikon are good).
Answer
Both the cameras you have listed are pretty good. In fact, neither of them are termed as Beginner level cameras at all (Try Canon 1100D, Nikon D3200 for that).
A decision you have to make is of the Platform. Lenses for the Canon / Nikon / Sony / Pentax are not interchangeable and just a few basic lenses combination can end up costing more than the camera.
Canon has a high entry cost but lenses are cheaper. Nikon cameras are cheaper at start but lenses are costlier.
A viewfinder with 95% cover will fail to show the edges of the actual image that will be taken. This is not an issue unless you are a professional who believes in the first and last composition of image using the optical viewfinder only.
Note that the LCD screen will always show the 100% image.
A full frame DSLR has a considerably large sensor than the APS-C sensor found on affordable DSLRs. Larger sensors result in greater clarity, greater depth of field, better color renditions.
FYI, a APS-C sensor has what is know as a Crop Factor. Due to the smaller sensor, it captures a smaller part of the image projected by the lens; in effect zooming into in. Hence a Nikon APS-C (DX) camera with a crop-factor of 1.5x makes a 50mm lens feel like a 75mm one.
For $1000, the world is you apple as far as APS-C DSLRs are concerned. You can opt for any DSLR brand. My recommendation is that you check out the availability of Lenses, Flashes etc. before making the decision.
Both the cameras you have listed are pretty good. In fact, neither of them are termed as Beginner level cameras at all (Try Canon 1100D, Nikon D3200 for that).
A decision you have to make is of the Platform. Lenses for the Canon / Nikon / Sony / Pentax are not interchangeable and just a few basic lenses combination can end up costing more than the camera.
Canon has a high entry cost but lenses are cheaper. Nikon cameras are cheaper at start but lenses are costlier.
A viewfinder with 95% cover will fail to show the edges of the actual image that will be taken. This is not an issue unless you are a professional who believes in the first and last composition of image using the optical viewfinder only.
Note that the LCD screen will always show the 100% image.
A full frame DSLR has a considerably large sensor than the APS-C sensor found on affordable DSLRs. Larger sensors result in greater clarity, greater depth of field, better color renditions.
FYI, a APS-C sensor has what is know as a Crop Factor. Due to the smaller sensor, it captures a smaller part of the image projected by the lens; in effect zooming into in. Hence a Nikon APS-C (DX) camera with a crop-factor of 1.5x makes a 50mm lens feel like a 75mm one.
For $1000, the world is you apple as far as APS-C DSLRs are concerned. You can opt for any DSLR brand. My recommendation is that you check out the availability of Lenses, Flashes etc. before making the decision.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar