Canon 18-55mm lens or just 50mm f/1.8?




Izayaa


I'm going to make this simple and short. I'm soon getting my first DSLR. I'm getting the Canon EOS Rebel T3 (1100D). I'm stuck between choosing the 18-55mm kit lens, or the 50mm f/1.8. I might also have the advantage of getting a bundle of the camera, 18-55mm kit lens, 75-300mm lens, camera bag, and SD card for $600. I save $100, and my mom seemed interested in that. That could be a plus, because I would have two lenses, but I'm not sure what kind of pictures the 75-300mm lens is good for. I will be taking mostly portraits and street photography.

Thank you!



Answer
Having a 50 as your only lens would be very limiting. Just get the 18-55.

DOn't buy the junk 75-300. I've used one on a 1DII and that lens was awful. If you want a telephoto-zoom lens, get the 55-250.

Thinking of buying a Canon Eos 1100D any advice help please?




Ziad Nonam


I'm thinking of buying a Canon Eos 1100D because its at a price where i can afford and pleased with but I have other cameras in mind like a Nikon and another canon. for example these camera kits below.

Nikon D5000 2 Super Kit - Digital camera - Lens (Nikkor AF-S DX 18-55mm & Nikkor AF-S DX 55-200mm) - 12.3 MPixels - Black (689,00 â¬)

Canon EOS 550D Kit - Lens (Canon EF-S 18-55MM IS) - Digital Camera DSLR (799,00 â¬)

Nikon D3100 Kit - Lens (AF-S DX VR NIKON 18-55mm) - Digital Camera DSLR (545,00 â¬)

The thing is I like the 1100D but I know its not as good as the 550D so I was thinking which lens would be good to buy to over ride the Performance of the Canon Eos 550D if I am thinking of buying a 1100D, if there is please tell me.

I was also thinking of buying the Samyang 500 mm f/8 Preset ED IF MC(for wildlife) with the Canon Eos 1100D and a good lens that would over ride the performance of the 550D. It it be worth buying all the kit or just buying a 550D kit and maybe thinking of buying a better lens later. please help and share your thoughts.thanks.



Answer
Right, firstly. Don't get that Samyang 500mm F8, F8 means that your aperture will be very very small and it will be letting in very little light. Which means you'll have a slow shutter speed. Slow shutter speed = camera shake/blur in pictures and you wont be able to free time in a picture.

You want "fast" lenses. These are lenses with wide apertures. F4, F2.8, F1.8 etc. No higher than F4 I'd say.
If you like the 1100D then go ahead and get that, with it I'd say, get the kit lens and a Canon 50mm F1.8. That'd be a good start. Then look to save up for longer lenses with wide apertures if you want to do wildlife photography.
eg: Canon 100mm F2, Canon 70-200mm F4, Canon 70-200mm F2.8, Sigma 70-200mm F2.8.

Canon lenses can be very expensive, especially their L lenses (their best lenses) so third party lens manufacturers like Sigma, tokina and tamron do really good cheaper lenses.
The important thing is that you want lenses with wide apertures! - don't forget that.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar