Can you use a film slr lens on a new digital slr camera?

nikon slr lens on dslr on New Holga and Lensbaby add-ons for Nikon DSLR | Nikon Rumors
nikon slr lens on dslr image



julian


I have some old 35 mm slr film lens (nikon) and was wondering if they will fit on a new digital slr camera that's possibly a canon will they fit and will it work? I put the nikon lens on a
film pentax camera and it worked but idk if it's different! Help!



Answer
Yes and no.

If you buy a Nikon camera like the D90 or better, it can use all the old Nikon lenses that are AI as well as all the auto-focus lenses made by Nikon (AF, AF-I and AF-S) but they will only work on Nikon cameras

Any Canon lens older than 1988 will NOT work on a Canon digital SLR

And of course, Pentax k-mount lenses will work on any of their Pentax DSLR's

Was there any specific questions you had in mind?

What is a good Nikon camera for a beginner photographer?




Kat


So I would like to purchase a Nikon SLR, but I have no clue where to start. I want a camera that is appropriate for a beginner, but even as I become more advanced, it won't require me to immediately acquire a more advanced camera. Also, what would be a good lens that I could purchase as a "starter" lens, for more basic photography?


Answer
Nikon has several entry level DSLRs usually with the 18-55mm zoom lens. They all have similar features. Most people keep them for years without having to upgrade. You can buy them used or new for a great price compared to other DSLRs. I recommend Amazon or Ebay dealers with high ratings to purchase from. You'll get the best deal that way. Prices vary from about $300-$700 depending on the model and lens combination.

Here are the Nikon entry level models in order from older to newer models:
-D40
-D40x
-D60
-D3000
-D5000
-D3100
-D5100

They have great performance, image quality, and features for exploring photography. The D3100 and D5100 are the newest, with more advanced sensors & have video mode (not easy to use). If you're on a budget, get a used Nikon D40, D40x, or D60. My friends had those cameras for years, and still use them today! Personally, I traveled the world with a Nikon D3000. Took fantastic shots...

4 Recommended Lenses to start with:
1. 18-55mm VR AF-S Nikon zoom lens - ($150-200) Usually comes with the entry level DSLRs. It's image quality is great, but performance could be a little better. (performance referring to auto focus speed and shooting in low light)
2. 35mm AF-S Nikon lens - ($200) It has a fixed focal length (can't zoom in or out). Fantastic for general photography and performs great. Faster and better image capability than the 18-55mm.
3. 50mm AF-S Nikon lens - ($450) The best choice of all of because of it's optics composition. It performs great and takes amazing photos. You cannot zoom in or out with this lens either, and it is a little bit long of a focal length.
4. 55-200mm AF-S VR Nikon Lens - ($200) If you need a long range zoom, this is a great price! Performance is good, similar to the 18-55mm, and has great image quality. I would not get this as your main lens, it's definitely a secondary lens to accompany any of the previous 3 choices (too long).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar