nikon slr lens guide image
FlowerChil
I'm thinking about a Canon or a Sony D SLR camera as I am familiar with the fuctions. I'm just confused about which one has better performance and technical aspects.
Answer
It's DSLR, no spaces. Digital Single Lens Reflex.
Canon or Nikon would be the best. There are no cameras that would be made for students, and you could've helped us more with the budget and things you'd like :)
Canon EOS T3, Nikon D3100 are great for the price ~$500 - $650.
Here's a DSLR Buying Guide - http://www.the-dslr-photographer.com/2009/11/which-dslr-to-buy/
None have better quality or any nonsense as that, it's more about you.
It's DSLR, no spaces. Digital Single Lens Reflex.
Canon or Nikon would be the best. There are no cameras that would be made for students, and you could've helped us more with the budget and things you'd like :)
Canon EOS T3, Nikon D3100 are great for the price ~$500 - $650.
Here's a DSLR Buying Guide - http://www.the-dslr-photographer.com/2009/11/which-dslr-to-buy/
None have better quality or any nonsense as that, it's more about you.
Anyone know a good website for understanding old school SLR cameras?
Maria L.
I've looked around the web for a decent site to learn the basics of old school SLR cameras, and I can't even find one! I know not many people still use film cameras but I want to try my hand at Black and Whites with an old Canon T50 and need some guidance. Anyone know of a good website?
Answer
I think it's a better idea to buy or borrow an actual book so you can read it while out in the field and store it easily. Anything by Kodak is reliable, cheap and abundant such as this classic:
http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-pocket-guide-35mm-photography/dp/0671468332/ref=pd_sim_b_11
You can really just pick up any basic 35mm handbook at the library or used book store. They all contain the same information in different ways.
The problem, however is your camera. The Canon T50 is a point and shoot SLR. The only thing you control manually on it is the focus. You cannot control shutter speed and aperture which are crucial to learning how to shoot any kind of photography.
I always recommend a Pentax K1000 with a 50mm lens or a Nikon FM with a 50mm lens. You can purchase these safely at KEH.com. Do not use eBay or Craigslist until you can assess the working condition of a camera.
If you know right now that you want to get into b&w, I also suggest you take a class. This way you'll have access to a darkroom and will be taught properly how to shoot, process and print your images. The school may even be able to let you borrow a camera until you purchase one.
You don't HAVE to take a class but, it would make things much easier and more fun. Particularly if you want to process your own work.
B&W film photography can be extremely rewarding and I am glad to hear you're pursuing it. Feel free to email me with any questions you may have along the way!
JohnnyMartyr@Hotmail.com
I think it's a better idea to buy or borrow an actual book so you can read it while out in the field and store it easily. Anything by Kodak is reliable, cheap and abundant such as this classic:
http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-pocket-guide-35mm-photography/dp/0671468332/ref=pd_sim_b_11
You can really just pick up any basic 35mm handbook at the library or used book store. They all contain the same information in different ways.
The problem, however is your camera. The Canon T50 is a point and shoot SLR. The only thing you control manually on it is the focus. You cannot control shutter speed and aperture which are crucial to learning how to shoot any kind of photography.
I always recommend a Pentax K1000 with a 50mm lens or a Nikon FM with a 50mm lens. You can purchase these safely at KEH.com. Do not use eBay or Craigslist until you can assess the working condition of a camera.
If you know right now that you want to get into b&w, I also suggest you take a class. This way you'll have access to a darkroom and will be taught properly how to shoot, process and print your images. The school may even be able to let you borrow a camera until you purchase one.
You don't HAVE to take a class but, it would make things much easier and more fun. Particularly if you want to process your own work.
B&W film photography can be extremely rewarding and I am glad to hear you're pursuing it. Feel free to email me with any questions you may have along the way!
JohnnyMartyr@Hotmail.com
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar