System error on my Panasonic lumix camera?

panasonic camera lens cover on Black Meduim DSLR camera Drawstring Soft Neoprene Lens Pouch Bag Cover ...
panasonic camera lens cover image



Ash


I have a panasonic lumix dmc-fh20 camera, and yesterday upon trying to turn it on it displays a screen saying SYSTEM ERROR (ZOOM) and wont work.
I've had this for about 5 months an recently the Lens cover thing had trouble opening. Before it stopped working i dropped it maybe 4 inches onto a carpet surface, could it have anything to do with this?
i would be incredibly grate full if anyone could help me with this. Thanks!



Answer
Lens errors (aka zoom and system errors) are fairly common. Usually it's sand or grit interfering with the lens extension mechanism. Or the camera's been dropped with the lens extended. Or the camera has been powered on, but the lens had been blocked preventing its extension. Or the battery ran down with the lens extended ...

Unfortunately, many cameras that fall prey to this can only be corrected by professional repair. But, here are some things that you can do that may correct it. They only seem to work for less than 40% of the lens errors, but if the camera is out of warranty, they're worth a try.

http://camerarepair.blogspot.com/2007/12/fixing-lens-error-on-digital-camera.html

Step up ring has jammed camera. How can I get it out?




yiannachri


I put a step up ring 46mm - 52mm on my camera lens and forgot that it was on when I had to turn my camera off. Now the camera switches on but msg comes up saying "take lens cover off" the step up ring has jammed and I don't know how to get it off. Does anyone have any helpful ideas, please? Camera is a Panasonic FZ18


Answer
To avoid anymore damage to your camera, Go to http://www.yellowpages.com type in camera and your city, state to see if there are any local camera shops (not electronic stores) that can take a look at it and remove the ring.

Or, go to http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/support/ and put in your model and zip code in the "find a service center" (I tried it with several zipcodes and it only shows a Texas service center) .




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar