Should I buy a used Nikon D100?

lumix camera lenses for sale on Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 12 MP Micro Four-Thirds Interchangeable Lens ...
lumix camera lenses for sale image



loudy_foud


Hi, everyone!

I am looking for a good, used digital camera (as I am on a budget).

I came across a Nikon D100 for sale for $200.00 for the body, everything in the box, (strap, charger, etc) and battery pack!

This camera is about 7 years old. Is it good enough for a beginner? I could always upgrade later!

HELPPPPPPP!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!



Answer
While that might be a good deal for the body... I would say no.

The shutter and mirror are moving parts in a camera. Moving parts have limited lifespans. Batteries and digital sensors (the 'film') also have limited life spans.

I am an advocate of buying used when it helps the budget; but 7 years old is too old. The technology has advanced so that lower models now have the features and technology to trump the D100.

Also, I am not sure; but it sounds like this D100 might not be coming with any lenses (?)

If you are set on Nikon, I would look at either of these:
Nikon D40 + 18-55 lens + 55-200 VR lens
Nikon D90 + 18-200 VR lens

If you are open to Canon, I would look at these options (but still D40 first):
Canon XTi + 18-55 IS + 55-300
Canon XS + 18-55 IS + 55-300

Do not forget to budget for:
1) camera
2) lens(es) needed to do the kind of shooting you want to
3) memory card
4) carrying bag/pouch

optional
5) tripod
6) polariser filter
7) additional lighting/flash

No matter which way you slice it (if the D100 does not come with lenses, you would have to buy lenses for it)... getting into SLR photography will cost at least $500-800.

If you are not budgeted for that kind of expense, I would have a serious look at:
Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS
Canon PowerShot G10

Good luck!

Do you think I should trust amazon?




....


i'm planning on buying the Lumix FZ35, and i want to buy this lens:
http://www.amazon.com/Panoramic-Fisheye-Panasonic-DMC-FZ35-Digital/dp/B002Q0RKO6
Should i trust it and buy it?
i dont know, i'm not used to buying things online thats it,



Answer
I can't speak about lenses. But merchandise is merchandise. That said I tried to purchase knee braces at Amazon. First one size then another larger. And had to return them both! I kept all the packing and the sales receipt (more important with camera merchandise). I followed their instructions for return to the letter. And I only kept the knee braces a day or two before I returned them. Long story short, Amazon was great about the returns. Remember I returned the merchandise just as I received them-they looked new!
So should you trust Amazon? Yes,if you have to return merchandise as I have described above.
So should you trust Amazon? No, if you return the mdse. without the proper respect to the mdse.
P.S. Inspect the "fish-eye" page carefully and your check out page, BEFORE you hit "submit order, just too made sure their are no "This merchandise is not returnable"...then all bets are off.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar