nikon camera lens for portraits image
amy
I'm looking to buy a nice camera for portrait photography, i have a price range of 800$, the lower the better. i am comfortable using nikon and canon, preferably canon though.
Answer
Like Ace and the others said, it is about the lens AND having a camera that feels right to YOU. After all, photography is roughly 70% photographer skill/experience, 20% lens quality, and 10% camera body.
The best thing to do is visit an actual camera shop (not bestbuy/walmart) and try the different models within your budget to see which feels the best to you AND they can answer your questions about the cameras. I bought a Canon for its ergonomics/feel/menu and control layout and a fellow photog chose Nikon for the same reason....it is about personal preference.
We went out shooting one day and decided to swap gear. When all was said and done, there wasn't any differences between the image quality between the cameras, BUT we both agreed on one thing..."You have a nice camera, but I don't like the way it feels or the menu system".
As far as lenses go, I use a 50mm f/1.4, an 85mm f/1.8, and a 70-200mm f/2.8 (in the 100-115mm range) depending on how much room I have AND the framing I want.
Also, besides a camera and the lenses...you really need to start saving for a hot shoe flash like a Canon 580EX II or the Nikon SB-700 and a nice diffuser (I use a Gary Fong LightSphere II), and if you're doing indoor portraits, then you will also need some studio lighting.
Remember...nobody ever said photography is a cheap hobby or profession.
Like Ace and the others said, it is about the lens AND having a camera that feels right to YOU. After all, photography is roughly 70% photographer skill/experience, 20% lens quality, and 10% camera body.
The best thing to do is visit an actual camera shop (not bestbuy/walmart) and try the different models within your budget to see which feels the best to you AND they can answer your questions about the cameras. I bought a Canon for its ergonomics/feel/menu and control layout and a fellow photog chose Nikon for the same reason....it is about personal preference.
We went out shooting one day and decided to swap gear. When all was said and done, there wasn't any differences between the image quality between the cameras, BUT we both agreed on one thing..."You have a nice camera, but I don't like the way it feels or the menu system".
As far as lenses go, I use a 50mm f/1.4, an 85mm f/1.8, and a 70-200mm f/2.8 (in the 100-115mm range) depending on how much room I have AND the framing I want.
Also, besides a camera and the lenses...you really need to start saving for a hot shoe flash like a Canon 580EX II or the Nikon SB-700 and a nice diffuser (I use a Gary Fong LightSphere II), and if you're doing indoor portraits, then you will also need some studio lighting.
Remember...nobody ever said photography is a cheap hobby or profession.
What insurance do you recommend for a part-time photographer?
SEB
I am a part-time photographer who mostly does family portraits and children. However, I've shot one wedding this past summer, and have another planned for June. I have a couple who recently contacted me for engagement photos and they want to do them at a nearby museum (outdoors) a week from today. The museum may want insurance info, and I don't have any to provide them with.
My gear: I own a Canon 5D Mark II (primary) with an L lens, as well as two Nikon cameras (5100 and d60- backup cameras).
What kind of insurance do you recommend that is affordable for my part-time photography business income? I realize I may not be able to get insurance in time for this engaged couple, but would like to have it for the upcoming wedding.
I really am not sure what kind of insurance I will need.... Definitely for my gear though. What makes the most sense for my situation?
Answer
No not definitely for your gear - you've missed the point!! You NEED public liability insurance as an absolute must! If anyone were to injure themselves during a shoot as a result of your negligence you would find yourself sued!.
Get that sorted FIRST, worry about your gear after!
No not definitely for your gear - you've missed the point!! You NEED public liability insurance as an absolute must! If anyone were to injure themselves during a shoot as a result of your negligence you would find yourself sued!.
Get that sorted FIRST, worry about your gear after!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar