How can I make a picture taken with a bad camera look better in photoshop?

panasonic lumix dslr camera with lens on ... review of the panasonic lumix dmc tz5 digital camera the camera offers
panasonic lumix dslr camera with lens image



LetsGo


All I have got is: reduce noise, increase contrast, vibrance, clarity,.....

Anything else? Is there a systematic way.

I have a picture that is absolutely priceless (at least in my opinion) but it was taken with the extended part of a zoom lens of a panasonic lumix .... (not the dslr, but at least it has the leica lens).
Hi David!

In my opinion, the lumix produces very good pictures and in optimum light conditions and for most practical purposes, one cannot tell whether the picture was taken with the lumix or a better camera. I have sold a few pictures from my lumix on microstock sites and and the most popular pictures have sold hundreds of times.

This particular picture was taken when the zoom was out all the way, and then I had to crop the picture a little bit. So we are really talking about the upper limits of the camera´s capabilities.
Actually, I have never used macros with photoshop.... nice idea!
When I have done the best I think I can manage with the picture, I will put it online but if anyone wants to see it, could you send a private message so I can send the link.



Answer
I never saw a Lumix camera that anyone could call "bad" - but of course, they have their limitations: but what you can achieve depends on what you want to correct or improve.

If the "extended" part of the zoom meant using digital zoom, the steps you have mentioned are appropriate, but the camera will already have done each of these things to produce the image you have, and any step you take will probably damage the picture - distorting and destroying pixels.

Many of the pixels you "enhance" this way did not exist in the scene, but were added by the camera's on board computer, "guessing" at the most likely colour, density, etc based on the nearest true pixels. Enhancing these will further distort the image.

In fact, the chance of making matters worse is one reason you should only ever work on a copy of the photo, never on the original, and when possible, apply whatever you try to a layer that can be undone or removed.

If the photo was not taken using digital zoom, you are in a better situation. The basic steps are:

1 remove noise: a dedicated filter is better than the native photoshop one (try Noise Ninja or Topaz DeNoise) - any subsequent steps applied before you deal with noise will make the picture worse;

2 fix the density - if the image is dark, try boosting exposure/brightness or fill flash, then add contrast. If it is too light again, try exposure, fix the white point and black point; then use levels to attend independently but interactively to the highlights, mid tones and shadows.

3 correct the contrast if necessary

4 Clarity might help at this stage (but may do more damage!)

5 cautious sharpening is the last step: use high-pass sharpening rather than unsharp mask.

I currently have a point and shoot camera with a 12x optical lens. What kind of lens is similar on a DSLR?




Chubbyhugs


The camera I currently have, a Panasonic Lumix 12x optical zoom is great, but I want to upgrade to a DSLR. What kind of lens do I need on a DSLR that will give me the same zoom? I'm currently looking at the Nikon d40x.
Thanks for the answer - what would be equivalent to a 6x optical zoom?



Answer
There is really no equivalent lens in the world of DSLR's. The zoom range becomes irrelevant once you move to a camera that can use interchangeable lenses.


The value of the lenses no longer have any relevance to their zoom ratios. The 1x, AF-S 400 mm f/2.8 lens at over $7,500 is a favorite of sports and wild life photographers and the AF-S 18-200 mm VR (11.1x) at under $700 is one used by many editorial photographers.

The optical zoom ratio on a P&S camera is only important because you are stuck with the lens that comes with it. The Nikon D40x has over 25 AF-S current lenses it can use from extreme wide angle to extreme telephoto and many more good used AF-S and AF-I lenses made since 1992.

http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Camera-Lenses/index.page




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar