Would a Diana lens make DSLR pictures look like they were taken with a film camera?

film camera lens on dslr on AntiqueFirst.com - Zoom H4N H4 Handy Recorder Digital 4 Track Portable ...
film camera lens on dslr image



Iriana


I have a D3000, and I want to know that if I bought a Diana lens for it, if it'd make the pictures look like they were taken with a film camera. (Yes, I know a D3000 isn't a film camera. And my film camera is currently broken.)


Answer
No it will not, but it will provide you with very soft images due to the plastic lens.

To add grain, you will have to buy an add-on program that simulates various film grains, from fine grain to the clumpy grain that was so common when using 2475 CRT recording film in low light.

For what you will end up paying for the Diana lens and Nikon adapter, you could buy a nice used Nikon 35 mm camera with standard lens. Look on craigslist in a city near you.

I HOPE that you do not see Diana cameras as the end all and be all of film cameras. They are plastic toys

Should I sell my film camera for a DSLR?




Christian


I own an Olympus OM-1 which I purchased on an online camera shop about 5 years ago for around $300.000. Lately i've been wanting to purchase a DSLR. Should I sell my film camera in order to purchase the DSLR, or should I just make the purchase and keep my film camera? I have sentimentality attached to this camera, and I also can imagine a point so many years in the future where it will not only be a conversation piece, but a relic of another time. But is it worth it to keep it for those reasons? What would you do in my situation? I'm only an amateur photographer, so for most situations i'm in, a DSLR is far more practical.


Answer
Hey Christian, good question.

With things moving increasingly to digital, many people are getting rid of their old film cameras and learning to use DSLR's. On the other hand, many people are also buying up these cast away film cameras and learning to use them instead of DSLR's. Not all photography has to be about what appears to be the most practical and not all digital photography is necessarily practical for all types of photography.

--OM-1's with a good lens such as a 50/1.4 that are in excellent cosmetic and functional condition RETAIL for about $300 but it is not likely that the average person-to-person sale will result in this high a value. Most classic film shooters buy premium gear from retailers like you did 5 years ago and people are moving more and more away from eBay and Craigslist for classic cameras unless they are looking for a bargain or don't mind doing some repair work. So basically, what I'm saying is that you won't be likely to get more than $50-$150 out of this camera.

--Most experienced photographer own multiple cameras, each for a different purpose. A tiny and quiet full frame OM-1 is a great street photography camera and will always force you to work on your basic photography skills while being a great stealthy, carry everywhere high image quality camera. There is no DSLR like it. Any DSLR in what is probably your price range, is going to be a bit, if not significantly larger and will not be full frame. It is also unlikely to last as long and can only simulate full manual mode. Not to mention you'd be missing out on all the fun and unique images film has to offer. The DSLR is great for other reasons of course. But it certainly is not a replacement for a mighty OM-1!

--The real value in your OM-1 (a fine camera btw, which I also own and use often) is in using it to make amazing photos, even if you only do so for special occasions.

Enjoy, cherish, love and USE your OM-1! Do the same with a new DSLR! Don't replace one type of photography you enjoy with another just because that's what everyone around you may appear to think is what is best. Do what you want to do.

Here are some of my OM-1 photos:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=OM-1&w=25579835%40N00&ss=2&s=int

METAL AND MANUAL! FILM FOREVER!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar