What is the best Nikon Camera Lens to shoot still portraits with?




tihini


I am planning to take my daughters senior portraits this year, and would like to know which Nikon Lens would be the best to purchase for the best quality picture. I own a Nokon D80 if that helps.I currently own the original lens that came with it...Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 18-135mm 1:3.5-5.6G ED Thanks for the help!


Answer
I like Karl's answer and agree 100%. Your lens is probably just fine and your lighting will make the most difference. Try not to simply use the on-camera flash. At a MINIMUM, if you are stuck using the on-camera flash, put a lamp with a bare bulb on the floor behind your subject so the shadows on the wall will be kept to a minimum.

If you are looking for an excuse to buy a nice new lens, I do like the 17-55, but our resident model photographer fhotoace uses the Nikon 24-85 about 95% of the time.

He has this one: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/2485af.htm but you might also look at this one: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/2485afs.htm Bear in mind that Rockwell's use for the lens is different than a professional model photographer's. I'd be kind of concerned about his own observation (for the cheaper lens) that, "AF action is fast and silent. Well, it was on the first day I had it. As dust collected inside after the first day of use I now get a slight squeak as it focuses. Ditto for the smoothness of the zoom; after the first day stuff collects inside and it's no longer as smooth."

The Nikon Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF Zoom Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4.0D IF Autofocus Lens is the one that's always out of stock at B&H ($565) and the 5 user reviews there rate is very highly. It's on my wish list. This lens has a macro mode with 1:2 reproduction, focusing as close as about 8 inches.

The Nikon Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF Zoom Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G AF-S Autofocus Lens is $300 at B&H. This lens goes to 1:4.8 at 14.4".

B&H Photo available through a link at Yahoo! Shopping, www.bhphoto.com or at 1-800-622-4987. See also: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/B_H_Photo_Video_Pro_Audio

Portrait lens for d60?




MANO


Does the Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-50mm-Nikkor-Digital-Cameras/dp/B00005LEN4/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285700576&sr=8-1

have auto focus for the d60? and if not can you tell me a portrait lens with autofocus for the d60?

thank you!



Answer
Any Nikon AF-S lens, here is a compatibility list http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond60/page3.asp , and more http://www.nikonians.org/nikon/slr-lens.html .




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar