best digital slr camera ?

Q. I'm looking to purchase a dslr camera within the next few months. I currently have a standard olympus 10mp digital camera, and I'm looking to upgrade for photography purposes. This will be my first dslr and I'm not sure what would be the most suitable- my price range is probably up to about five hundred pounds. Any suggestions/advice?

http://haichristeh.deviantart.com/
Some of the photos I've taken with my digital camera.


Answer
Almost any dSLR is suitable for you. That's the problem - people are always going to tell you to get what they have - Nikon owners will always suggest Nikon, ditto with Canon et al.
The worst part is - they are all right as well!

You have a few months to play with, so go to different camera stores and play with different models from different manufacturers. Some people will say that the Nikon D3000, for instance, is an excellent entry-level camera but I can't use one as it's too small for my hands. I'm all fingers and thumbs on small bodied cameras.

In the meantime, look at camera specs - the best site for camera reviews (although prices are in US$) is http://www.dpreview.com/ and try to determine what's important in a camera for you:
Live View - personally, it's not something I've ever used and it's not in my selection criteria - but you might find it important. If so, a tiltable screen would also benefit you.
Smile Detection - again, not something I'd want but something you could find useful.
Image stabilisation - some cameras do it via the body and some via the lenses. The in-body ones will stabilise the images irrespective of the lens whereas you must pay a premium for stabilised lenses but people will argue the lens-based ones work a little better.
Autofocus - again, some cameras have the drive in the body, some in the lenses. If you buy a body without an autofocus motor, then you must buy lenses with autofocus and I find that confusing in the low-end Nikon camera range more than anyone else's.

If I was to suggest a camera, I would suggest this:
http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/77040/show.html
deal from Jessops. You get a Sony alpha450 with 18-55mm kit lens, an 8GB SCHC card and a bag to get you going. It's £50 above your budget but:
14MP,
7 fps shooting,
In body stabilisation,
In body AF
Accepts all Sony, all 2nd hand Minolta AF lenses and all third party manufacturers make for them,
Live View, "Smile Shutter", Live View focus check, etc.

But that certainly doesn't mean it's better in any way than a comparable Canon, Nikon or Pentax...it's just the one that stood out in a quick look at Jessops website for a package to get you going.
You should also buy a UV filter for your lens to protect the front element. They're available anywhere.

Digital SLR?




young n' f


I'm looking for a digital SLR camera, and a good one (preferably $500 or under). I need sugestions. Thanks! (-:
I already have a SLR camera.



Answer
Consider buying the brand that you already own a lens for, as you will only have to buy the body to get started. This will save you some money and make a few cameras more affordable for you.

But...

The cheapest DSLR that is worth owning is probably the Pentax K100D, and this is coming from a Nikon fan. This is a decent camera.

You can click on individual user comments on this page:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinions.asp?prodkey=pentax_k100d

You can read the dpreview.com "Highly Recommended" review here:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxk100d/

You can also read this review of the K100D here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/k100d.html

Or here:

http://www.popphoto.com/cameras/2966/camera-test-pentax-k100d.html
http://www.popphoto.com/cameras/3814/user-review-pentax-k100d.html

See the K100D "Super," also:

http://www.popphoto.com/photonews/4328/pentax-updates-k100d-dslr.html

I used to recommend the Pentax K110D as the best entry level dSLR, but I do not see it for sale at B&H Photo or Adorama. The entry level seems to now be the K100D. The only difference between these two cameras is that the K100D includes "shake reduction," which adds some expense to the camera.

Adorama has the K100D with the 18-55 lens for $489.95, after a $50 rebate. The rebate ends on July 31, 2007. You will still need a memory card and I would suggest at least the 1 GB Sandisk Ultra II SD card, which costs about $30. You can get the 2 GB for $35, so it would be silly not to go for the 2 GB card.

As of this writing (6-14-07), B&H is NOT showing the $50 rebate on the K100D with the 18-55 lens, but they ARE showing it for the body alone. Since this is a Pentax manufacturer's rebate, I would speculate that this is an error on the web site. If you prefer buying from B&H, you can call them at 1-800-622-4987 to inquire about this matter.

If you want "higher" quality and want to spend double the money, get back to me............and I'll tell you about the Nikon D80.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar