Cincy G
I use a 70-300mm vr lens, what should i upgrade to? what camera men use on the NFL sidelines? are those 500mm 2.8?
Should i just keep using my lens until i can afford a 2.8 300mm? or better to save up for a 400mm 2.8?
Answer
What are you taking photos of that you cannot do with the lens you have ? I myself have fallen into the trap of wanting a new lens or camera body but not really defining what I want it to do. To decide what your next upgrade should be you need to first define what you want the lens to be able to do. Before you put 5 to 9 k into a lens you really need to define that. And BTW the 80-400 is a great lens. I have the Tokina and wish I had the Nikon because the Nikon is a dream ( not that the Tokina is bad but I should have waited and saved ) If that fits your needs you could sell your 70 -300 and put the 80-400 in its place in your lineup
What are you taking photos of that you cannot do with the lens you have ? I myself have fallen into the trap of wanting a new lens or camera body but not really defining what I want it to do. To decide what your next upgrade should be you need to first define what you want the lens to be able to do. Before you put 5 to 9 k into a lens you really need to define that. And BTW the 80-400 is a great lens. I have the Tokina and wish I had the Nikon because the Nikon is a dream ( not that the Tokina is bad but I should have waited and saved ) If that fits your needs you could sell your 70 -300 and put the 80-400 in its place in your lineup
What kind of lens should I get for my Nikon D50 digital SLR camera?
dreamer
I recently bought a used Nikon D50. It came with a Nikkor 50mm 1:1.8 lens. The lens is great for taking portraits, but it has a very small depth of field. I am looking for a zoom lens that has a greater depth of field. I would like to use my camera to take pictures of my family, both posed shots and candids. I am thinking an 18-55mm lens might work, but I don't have a lot of experience with lenses. The one thing I liked when reading about the 18-55 is that you can get a little bit of a wide focus with it when at 18mm. Does anybody have any thoughts or recommendations for a lens? I am not looking to spend more than $300. Thank you.
Answer
I suggest 3 options:
1) You can get a short Nikon zoom for about $110. It is the Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Autofocus Lens. Any zoom that starts at 18mm provide you good wide angle ability and just a little bit of telephoto, all in very compact lens. (see 1st link below)
2) You can get a short Nikon zoom for about $180. It is the Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR AF-S DX Nikkor Lens. This lens has one added feature over the first option I listed above. It has "VR" which refers to vibration reduction: "Vibration Reduction - Minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, enabling sharper pictures hand-held at shutter speeds up to three stops slower than would otherwise be possible." (see 2nd link below)
3) You can get a zoom lens with a far great zoom range like the 18-200mm zoom lens. This is a very popular zoom range since does most of what photographers want and mean either not having to change lenses or having change lense rarely while out shooting. This option will cost you about about $225 to $250. (see 3rd below) This option is far more affordable by getting a Tamron lens made to work with the Nikon. Tamron is a respect independent lens maker and I have owned Tamron lenses and they have performed great for me.
I provided 2 more links to some additional sellers, they along with B&H Photo's website have customer reviews of equipment that can be very informative.
Hope this helps.
Mark
marksablow.com
I suggest 3 options:
1) You can get a short Nikon zoom for about $110. It is the Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Autofocus Lens. Any zoom that starts at 18mm provide you good wide angle ability and just a little bit of telephoto, all in very compact lens. (see 1st link below)
2) You can get a short Nikon zoom for about $180. It is the Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR AF-S DX Nikkor Lens. This lens has one added feature over the first option I listed above. It has "VR" which refers to vibration reduction: "Vibration Reduction - Minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, enabling sharper pictures hand-held at shutter speeds up to three stops slower than would otherwise be possible." (see 2nd link below)
3) You can get a zoom lens with a far great zoom range like the 18-200mm zoom lens. This is a very popular zoom range since does most of what photographers want and mean either not having to change lenses or having change lense rarely while out shooting. This option will cost you about about $225 to $250. (see 3rd below) This option is far more affordable by getting a Tamron lens made to work with the Nikon. Tamron is a respect independent lens maker and I have owned Tamron lenses and they have performed great for me.
I provided 2 more links to some additional sellers, they along with B&H Photo's website have customer reviews of equipment that can be very informative.
Hope this helps.
Mark
marksablow.com
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar