Martin
I have Exakta Varex IIb, and i want to use the lenses that i have with it there are 3 basic, one is Carl zeiss Jena: Flektogon 2,8/35, the other is Carl Zeiss Jena: Tessar 2,8/50, and the third one is Meyer - Optik Gorlitz : Orestegor 4/300. On the wiki site it states that a M42 lens mount is used, Any idea how can i find adapter and what kind of DSLR camera should i buy to use this lenses (Canon/Nikon/Praktika or something else)?
I have Exakta Varex IIb, and i want to use the lenses that i have with it. There are 3 lenses; one is Carl zeiss Jena: Flektogon 2,8/35, the other is Carl Zeiss Jena: Tessar 2,8/50, and the third one is Meyer - Optik Gorlitz : Orestegor 4/300. On Wikipedia it states that a M42 lens mount is used. Any idea how can i find adapter and what kind of DSLR camera should i buy to use this lenses (Canon/Nikon/Praktika or something else)?
Answer
All modern digital SLRs have adapters to accept M42 lenses. There are lots available at eBay and B&H. You do realize that you will be using the camera and lens in full manual mode. That is except for Pentax wherein you can use those lenses also at aperture priority mode. That's the main reason I went for Pentax dSLRs. I have a box full of M42 lenses. The best part is, with my K200d, I also get focus confirmation and shake reduction with those 30-year old lenses I have.
All modern digital SLRs have adapters to accept M42 lenses. There are lots available at eBay and B&H. You do realize that you will be using the camera and lens in full manual mode. That is except for Pentax wherein you can use those lenses also at aperture priority mode. That's the main reason I went for Pentax dSLRs. I have a box full of M42 lenses. The best part is, with my K200d, I also get focus confirmation and shake reduction with those 30-year old lenses I have.
Lenses????
saniea
Okay, call me stupid... lol I know you are reading this David, but how do you tell a if a Lens is for a DIGITAL Canon Camera or a 35MM Canon Camera???
Just in case that was confusing. I have an EOS 35mm SLR I need to know how to make sure that the lens is for a 35MM SLR camera and not for the newer digital (professional) cameras
Answer
When you say a "digital Canon Camera", I assume that you are talking about a DSLR (digital single lens reflex) camera--one of those that you are able to remove the lens and replace it with another, and not a point-and-shoot (P&S) camera that you can't remove the lens, but may be able to find an accessory lens that fits in the front of the camera's lens and make it "wider" or more of a "telephoto" lens.
They call their lens Canon EOS (electro-optical system) and it replaced their older, FD mount. See here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS and here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EF_lens_mount
Generally an EF lens will fit all their DSLR. The newer ones, called EF-S are, "smaller", and works only in their consumer models, and not the full frame DSLR (5D and the other one I can't even recall the name to save my life) because it projects a smaller image onto a smaller sensor those cameras have. You can always use a regular EF lens with a smaller sensor and it will "see" only 2/3 or so of it (which is generally sharper than the edge anyway).
See those links and I think they will be more helpful than what I am trying to say here.
When you say a "digital Canon Camera", I assume that you are talking about a DSLR (digital single lens reflex) camera--one of those that you are able to remove the lens and replace it with another, and not a point-and-shoot (P&S) camera that you can't remove the lens, but may be able to find an accessory lens that fits in the front of the camera's lens and make it "wider" or more of a "telephoto" lens.
They call their lens Canon EOS (electro-optical system) and it replaced their older, FD mount. See here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS and here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EF_lens_mount
Generally an EF lens will fit all their DSLR. The newer ones, called EF-S are, "smaller", and works only in their consumer models, and not the full frame DSLR (5D and the other one I can't even recall the name to save my life) because it projects a smaller image onto a smaller sensor those cameras have. You can always use a regular EF lens with a smaller sensor and it will "see" only 2/3 or so of it (which is generally sharper than the edge anyway).
See those links and I think they will be more helpful than what I am trying to say here.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar