Recommended Films lens for canon DSLR?

Q. Alright well I am extremely into filming and would like to try my best to make it out there. I had a really crappy camera that I shot movies with anyways cause I couldn't afford a good camera anyways a long story short I ended up purchasing a canon EOS t3i rebel the reason being the good quality video and the option to still take great photos (photography being a hobby of mine as well) however I would really like to put as much effort into filming as I possibly can I know a lot to filming however I am not a camera expert im a beginner filmer. My question for you is what type of lens or lenses are really good for filming with dslr the camera came with a 67mm 18-135 IS lens and it works great but however It has quite a lot of focus range and needs to be adjusted a lot which really is a hassle when i film action shots because everything I need to have fully in focus isn't at times. I also have a very tight budget you may recommend me a fairly pricey lens if you wish but if you can recommend a low priced one as well I would greatly appreciate It thank you very much.


Answer
Most people who use their DSLR for "filming" put movie lenses on them like Angenieux with an adapter and a bunch of accessories. The DSLRs I've seen outfitted for shooting movies have so much stuff on them it's hard to tell they are even a DSLR. Of course you're going to need a tripod and external mic at the very least. If you're doing something like a documentary where you need to walk around while shooting then you probably want to go with a small monopod, but holding it by hand especially on Canons where you can't use video through the viewfinder (you can on Sony SLTs) is going to give you some pretty dizzying video.

Do I need 2 lens with my Canon DSLR?




Justin M


Ok, I'm already convinced that i'm gonna get the Canon Rebel XS. So then I saw a good deal on a telephoto lens. The Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III. So Can I just use that lens as my only one? I was then just gonna buy the body of the Xs and the lens. This is my first DSLR, so would I lose anything by not sticking with the Kit lens that comes with the XS?
Thanks for the quick replies. They were really helpful.



Answer
A 75-300mm is a great starter telephoto lens, BUT it'll be absolutely no good for group shots, portraits, or landscapes, it's simply not wide enough. It is probably the second range of lens that most people buy - unless they have more specific needs.

The other option is to get a different lens with a wide range say from 18-200mm or even 18-270mm is available. That type of lens means you won't be having to change lenses all the time while you learn the camera. You would though want to add more lenses later as these lenses while ok across a large range are not great anywhere within their range.

Certainly you'll want something that covers the range 20mm-55mm, and the further you can push that the more flexible your photography can be. Whether you do that with one or more lenses is up to you!

-edit-
One final comment, buy the best quality lenses you can. If its a choice between one quality or two cheap lenses, buy the one - you'll find that you outgrow cheap lenses very quickly and they end up looking like a waste of money.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar