Protax zoom camera lens?




Jen33


I just recently bought a cheaper SLR digital camera. It is a point and shoot. I don't know a whole lot about them but I am wanting to get a zoom lens for it. I have no idea what ones will fit and work though. Can someone please help me out, I'm just getting started! :-)
yup thats the one. I was looking for a cheaper way to upgrade. Overall i am somewhat happy with it for now. I can't wait to afford something better, but I am just beginning so I want to wait until I learn more. :-)



Answer
Hi Jen33,

Is it the Protax DC500T, or DC600, or similar, like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-MP-Digital-Camera-Video-2-4-TFT-LCD-PROTAX-DC500T_W0QQitemZ110324920590QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDigital_Cameras?hash=item110324920590&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1308%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

If so, it does not actually accept interchangeable lenses. What it does is accept threaded auxiliary lenses on the front of it's fixed lens. Most such lenses are wide-angle adapters. I've never heard of a zoom auxiliary lens.

I would suggest finding out what size of thread it accepts, and then looking through the "Auxiliary Lenses" section here:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/category/4266/Lenses_Accessories_Lenses_Lens_Accessories.html

BTW, for a camera marketed as an SLR, the pictures show something that looks a lot like a non-SLR optical viewfinder when the flash is up.

Good luck,

Greg


==================================
Update after reading your Additional Details:
==================================

A used Pentax *ist DL (pronounced without the asterisk) with kit zoom lens would be a signficant upgrade, and has been selling on eBay for around $200:

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/items/Digital-Cameras__pentax-DL_W0QQLHQ5fCompleteZ1QQQ5ftrkparmsZ66Q253A2Q257C65Q253A13Q257C39Q253A1QQ_catrefZ1QQ_dmptZDigitalQ5fCamerasQQ_sacatZ31388QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQ_sopZ15QQ_scZ1

It accepts any lens made for Pentax SLRs or DSLRs.

There are other good values in used DSLRs, but probably none less expensive than the Pentax *ist DL. The DL is also very small and lightweight, and very easy to use.


Good luck and have fun!

Greg

DSLR Camera Lens Distance Help?




Sam K


I'm getting my first DSLR camera and it comes with a kit lens that is 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 Zoom Lens. After I buy the camera I won't be able to afford any more lenses. I'm wondering how far this lens can shoot. I like to take close up pictures of things in a far distance. Can you please give me a basic guesstimate of how many yards away it can shoot something.
The camera is a Sony Alpha A230



Answer
Sam,

The lens you're asking about is really best for landscape (wide angle) and portrait shots. Not for telephoto zoom at a distance.

If that longer distance zoom is what you want and you can only afford one "kit" (bundled) lens with your camera body you should ask the seller if you can get the 55-200mm kit lens in place of the 18-55mm.

Honestly though, I'd suggest two alternative options for your consideration:

1- Purchase a superzoom "bridge" camera instead of the Sony DSLR starter camera. They have fixed, not interchangeable, lenses. But they zoom from wide to long, include manual, semi-manual and auto modes and will allow you to learn the photography skills you'd need to operate a DSLR when you can better afford one (& its expensive associated lenses). Highly rated superzooms include the: Canon SX20-IS or SX10-IS (the older model of the two but still excellent) or Nikon P100.

2- If you really dream of having a DSLR, then consider a Canon or Nikon rather than the Sony. Sony's are quite good, but the other two brands will provide many more lens and accessory options AND they are often sold in promo pkgs bundled with 2 "kit" lenses - the wide to medium zoom and the medium to long telephoto zoom - probably for the same price you're likely paying for one included lens. Look for a sale! There are also 3rd party lens makers like Sigma, Tamron and Tokina that make a lot less expensive lenses than some of the equivalent Canon or Nikon offerings - in mount sizes that fit the typical Canon & Nikon bodies.

Good luck in your choice!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar