Is my Canon EFS 18-55mm lens broken?




Julie V


Recently all my pictures have been coming out blurry/dark even with the flash on. :(

I have had the camera for a couple years but just use the auto modes so I am pretty clueless with the settings. I do however believe that I use to see the aperture set at 3.5, 4.0, or 4.5. Now I can only set it as low as 5.0 and it goes all the way to 32.

If it is a broken lens is it worth getting fixed or does it cost the same as getting a new lens?

Or am I just crazy and it could never go that low?

TIA! :D



Answer
It might be a camera fault so, as Jim says, take the whole kit to a camera shop and ask them to check it first.
Are you absolutely sure that ALL your settings are on Auto? If, for instance, your ISO has been moved to a very low setting, it could cause under exposure. Double check that the camera IS still on Auto as it's quite easy to turn the dial accidentally; more than once I've been surprised at the outcome of a photo only to find the dial was moved to Av or full Manual when I thought it was on Auto.
Just go through the whole menu to make sure that all your settings are correct.

How much is a used canon 18-55mm lens worth?




:) Hai.


I have a used canon 18-55mm kit lens in really good condition with no scratches and with a UV filter, how much should I sell it for?
To "Oldfart"----That's not what I was asking.



Answer
B&H selling the kit lens for about $120.

EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Autofocus Lens
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=EF-S+18-55mm+f/3.5-5.6+IS+Autofocus+Lens&N=0&InitialSearch=yes


UV Filer depends which one. Because they range from $20 to $150 at B&H

I did a quick google search and people are selling it for about $75 used
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-cameras-camcorders-CANON-EFS-18-55-LENS-W0QQAdIdZ249523277

I would charge $90 throw in the UV filter free. Then I'm pretty sure the person buying it will try to lower the price. then just say $75 final.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar