sharky
Hi there. I have a Nikon d60 digital slr. I'm interested in hearing what people think about a good lens for wildlife photography: specifically birds: specifically birds of prey.
I've used (but don't own) a 50-200mm and I loved it. I got some great pictures. A friend is suggesting a fixed lens, and I really don't know that much about the differences between the two (fixed vs. not).
Speaking of expenses, I'm on a 500 dollar budget. I know this means I won't be getting the best possible lens on the market, but what do you you all think would work for my situation?
I'll check back soon in case you have any pertinent questions that can affect your recommendations.
Thanks so much for helping me out!
Answer
With birds of prey, a long lens is helpful. Blinds are also helpful if you want to get closer.
A 300mm lens at minimum, but I prefer 500mm. As Keerok stated, the mirror (catadioptric) types are affordable, but fixed aperture, usually at f/8, not f/11. They are only manual focus. I use a Tamron 500mm catadioptric lens on my D40. Very hard to get proper focus due to the lousy focus screen on the D40. Catadioptric lenses have horrible out of focus region quality. You can find a second hand lens with a f-mount for under $200.
You might consider getting a Sigma 150-500mm lens. These are around $1000. This lens will autofocus on your camera and has VR. Do a search on Flickr for the Sigma 150-500 for sample images. It will give you a feel of what the lens can do. You'll still be stuck with f/8, or smaller aperture, to get the lens in it's sharp region, but this isn't much of a problem in bright sunlight. There are reviews of this lens along with its sibling the Sigma 50-500.
There's also the Nikkor 70-300 AF-S VR lens which goes for a tad under $500. You can get it second hand at B&H for $330. Again, look at images on Flickr to see image quality.
With birds of prey, a long lens is helpful. Blinds are also helpful if you want to get closer.
A 300mm lens at minimum, but I prefer 500mm. As Keerok stated, the mirror (catadioptric) types are affordable, but fixed aperture, usually at f/8, not f/11. They are only manual focus. I use a Tamron 500mm catadioptric lens on my D40. Very hard to get proper focus due to the lousy focus screen on the D40. Catadioptric lenses have horrible out of focus region quality. You can find a second hand lens with a f-mount for under $200.
You might consider getting a Sigma 150-500mm lens. These are around $1000. This lens will autofocus on your camera and has VR. Do a search on Flickr for the Sigma 150-500 for sample images. It will give you a feel of what the lens can do. You'll still be stuck with f/8, or smaller aperture, to get the lens in it's sharp region, but this isn't much of a problem in bright sunlight. There are reviews of this lens along with its sibling the Sigma 50-500.
There's also the Nikkor 70-300 AF-S VR lens which goes for a tad under $500. You can get it second hand at B&H for $330. Again, look at images on Flickr to see image quality.
BIRDS PHOTOGRAPHY With the NIKON D5000 camera?
TheRightIn
Hi all !
I want to buy a NIKON D5000 camera for birds photography.
Which lens LENGTH will be good for that ?
Thanks
EC
Answer
I would suggest you Nikon 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX NIKKOR Lens
+ Excellent Image Quality
+ Solid build with metal mount
+ Significantly better in all ways than the Nikon 55-200mm VR
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZSHNCC?ie=UTF8&tag=ya-ans-camera-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B003ZSHNCC
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574865779&toolid=10001&campid=5336440665&customid=nktprk&mpre=http%3a%2f%2fshop.ebay.com%2fi.html%3f_nkw%3dNikon%2b55-300mm%2b%26_sacat%3d0%26_dmpt%3dCamera_Flash_Accessories%26_odkw%3dNikon%2bSB-900%2bAF%26_osacat%3d0%26_trksid%3dp3286.c0.m270.l1313
I would suggest you Nikon 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX NIKKOR Lens
+ Excellent Image Quality
+ Solid build with metal mount
+ Significantly better in all ways than the Nikon 55-200mm VR
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZSHNCC?ie=UTF8&tag=ya-ans-camera-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B003ZSHNCC
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574865779&toolid=10001&campid=5336440665&customid=nktprk&mpre=http%3a%2f%2fshop.ebay.com%2fi.html%3f_nkw%3dNikon%2b55-300mm%2b%26_sacat%3d0%26_dmpt%3dCamera_Flash_Accessories%26_odkw%3dNikon%2bSB-900%2bAF%26_osacat%3d0%26_trksid%3dp3286.c0.m270.l1313
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar