I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 camera and a Canon lens. Is there an adapter I can use?




nice:)


Is there an adapter I can use to make the Canon lens work on my Lumix camera. The DMC-FZ50 doesn't have that good of video quality, hence the Canon lens I'm trying to make work.


Answer
That Canon lens was designed to work with a Canon DSLR, not a Nikon DSLR, nor a Pentax or Sony DSLR. And since you have that Canon lens, you should be knowing that part

Your Lumix FZ50 is a fine bridge camera of an earlier era. But unfortunately, the lens is integral to body
You wish to screw the Canon lens onto the Lumix lens, or what are you wanting to do
Your system does
⢠848 x 480 (16:9), 30 / 10 fps
⢠640 x 480 (4:3), 30 / 10 fps
⢠320 x 240 (4:3), 30 / 10 fps video
Most systems of that age did not do video, now you are wanting to enhance it

Sweet dreams !!

Nikon to Canon lens adapter?




solomon


I have two old school canon lenses I'd like to use on my new(ish) Nikon... can anyone suggest a good, cheep adapter to accomplish this?
The canon lenses are:
1) Canon 135mm macro 1:2.8 MC auto CPC Phase 2 CCT
2) Canon FD 200mm 1:2.8 S.S.C.
And the camera is a Nikon D40 (yea, it's low end... don't make fun of me) ;P

Thanks!



Answer
Unfortunately, Canon lenses cannot be mounted to a Nikon camera. The registration distance for both Canon EF and Canon FD lens is too short for a Nikon F mount camera -- this means that lens cannot be brought close enough to the film plane to focus to infinity. Nikon lenses can be mounted to Canon bodies, however, because their longer registration focal distance allows for a thin adapter ring to be inserted between the lens and the camera.

Theoretically, an adapter containing a lens element can be used, but your images will suffer serious, actually noticeable degradation of image quality from these cheap adapters. If you don't need to focus to infinity (ie, macro photography), you can pop out the lens element in one of these adapters and it will function as an adapter with a small extension tube. Again, you will only be able to use this for very close subjects.

Now, I've heard in passing that you can also grind down the mount boss on the lens itself. You would have to remove the mount ring, grind down (evenly) the surface on which it sits (3-4 mm), and place the mount ring back on. Doing this would, in theory, allow the FD lens to focus to infinity with an FD to Nikon F adapter. This is serious lens modification, it will become useless on your Canon FD camera, and you are almost certain to destroy the lens. But hey, fun project to try on a crappy lens if you're bored and want a crazy DIY job. I would certainly not recommend trying it on your nice lenses :P

Also, for what it's worth, I think the D40 is a charming little Nikon DSLR that is capable of awesome photos in the right hands.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar