Fixed lens for Nikon D3100?




Topaz


Right now I own a fixed 35mm Lens, but lately I've been a little unhappy. I feel like the only way to get a great depth of field with my lens is to be relatively close to my subject. I was curious if I could get a better depth of field with a 50mm lens. Say I was taking a picture of a person, and I wanted ankles to the head in my picture, would I be able to get a better depth of field with a 50mm than with a 35mm. Would you suggest that I just save for a 50mm 1.4?
Yes and I do know what depth of field is for those of you who don't know what being rude means.



Answer
First a little less in terms

A fixed lens is one that cannot be removed from the camera

You fine D3100 uses interchangeable lenses

That means that your 35 mm lens is NOT a fixed lens.

Single focal length lenses are called "prime" lenses as opposed to zoom lenses that have multiple focal lengths

Next a 50 mm lens has less depth of field a a given lens aperture, so the 50 mm will actually do the opposite of what you want. The is true for every lens. The longer the lens, the shallower the depth of field at any specific lens that is shorter

Do you have the 18-55 mm lens? If so, just set it at 50 mm and tape it there. Then use it for a full week at 50 mm. You will learn a lot by doing that.

What does that mean? Well, you can set your kit zoom lens to 18 and again tape it there and use it too for a week.

As you will see, the shorter the lens, the more apparent depth of field

Lens Upgrade for Nikon D3100?




Llybe


What's a good lens upgrade for a Nikon D3100? Last December, I bought my first DSLR, which was the Nikon D3100. It came with a kit lens, the 18-55mm lens. I got hooked on the portrait side, also, I like taking pictures from afar.

So I was wondering what lens is good for an upgrade? I am thinking of buying the 18-105mm, or the 55-200mm, but the 55-200mm is somewhat too close for normal pictures of people and stuff like that. Also, I find the 18-200mm really nice but out of the budget range. Is 18-105mm a really nice lens and would it be compatible with my D3100? Thank you. :)

P.S. I also like traveling around the country, so consider that, as well ;)



Answer
try not to replicate the range you already have (18-55)

the 18-105 is another kit lens that you get with the $1000+ model cameras.

since you want to do portraits, look at getting a 50mm prime lens, either the f/1.8G or f/1.4G.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar