canon camera lens won't retract image
pinkie
I have canon powershot sd450. It's brand new I dropped on the carpet and now it's broken
Answer
My wife dropped her Canon S400 and the telescoping lens wouldn't retract. That damage was so obvious (dents in the case and ring around the lens assembly) that it was not going to qualify as a warranty repair.
So I have some first hand knowledge on this one.
In your case if there is no obvious signs of damage, you might squeek by under warranty or even exchange at your local retailer if less than 30 days.
If your situation is like what mine was, you have several options with Canon.
1) Pay them to repair YOUR camera with time and materials to be determined once they inspect your camera.
2) For some cameras, Canon offers a discounted exchange or upgrade program where you they send you a remanufactured or new camera and you then return your old camera to them. If you do not return your old camera in the exchange, you will be billed additional charges. A newer model camera will be offered only if they do not have your model camera available for exchange.
3) Buy a new camera.
I opted for option 2 because 1) it got the camera to us sooner rather than potentially waiting months for them to repair my specific camera and 2) it was still cheaper than buying a brand new camera and 3) I knew what the cost would be up front.
When you call customer support, ask them about your options and ask about the camera exchange program. Not all their support reps seem to know about the program so be patient as you may get bounced around a little bit.
There is one other possible option. Sometimes credit cards have built-in extended warranty programs that even cover theft and accidental damage. You might see if the camera is covered under that.
My wife dropped her Canon S400 and the telescoping lens wouldn't retract. That damage was so obvious (dents in the case and ring around the lens assembly) that it was not going to qualify as a warranty repair.
So I have some first hand knowledge on this one.
In your case if there is no obvious signs of damage, you might squeek by under warranty or even exchange at your local retailer if less than 30 days.
If your situation is like what mine was, you have several options with Canon.
1) Pay them to repair YOUR camera with time and materials to be determined once they inspect your camera.
2) For some cameras, Canon offers a discounted exchange or upgrade program where you they send you a remanufactured or new camera and you then return your old camera to them. If you do not return your old camera in the exchange, you will be billed additional charges. A newer model camera will be offered only if they do not have your model camera available for exchange.
3) Buy a new camera.
I opted for option 2 because 1) it got the camera to us sooner rather than potentially waiting months for them to repair my specific camera and 2) it was still cheaper than buying a brand new camera and 3) I knew what the cost would be up front.
When you call customer support, ask them about your options and ask about the camera exchange program. Not all their support reps seem to know about the program so be patient as you may get bounced around a little bit.
There is one other possible option. Sometimes credit cards have built-in extended warranty programs that even cover theft and accidental damage. You might see if the camera is covered under that.
I have a problem with my digital camera. The lens cover won't shut anymore.?
sunshine
I have a problem with my digital camera (canon PowerShot S30 or 40). The lens cover won't shut anymore. Everytime I try to shut it it just goes beep beep beep, the screen is black and in the left corner it says E18. I've tried taking out the batteries and memory card. Nothing works, it's stuck. What is wrong with it, how can I fix it. It would be nice if I could have it for christmas. Thanks
Answer
Typically, if it's still under warranty, you'll have to exercise your warranty option.
An e18 error is one where the lens mechanism cannot extend or retract. It's a common problem. Fixing it is complicated, and depending on what exactly is seizing the mechanism, may actually require replacement parts, and not just a cleaning.
If you are in warranty, it's best left to to a trained technician. If you are out of warranty, there will be a cost to using a canon certified technician. If you are mechanically inclined, there is a fix procedure photodocumented, however there is no guarantee that once you open everything up that you won't find the root cause to be a permanently ruined gear mechanism.
Just so you know...I had an e18 error on an A-series camera that disappeared by itself...whatever was jamming it cleared itself, and now there are no problems. Go figure. You can try some of the measures described in the e18error.com website, like blowing compressed air in the camera.
Typically, if it's still under warranty, you'll have to exercise your warranty option.
An e18 error is one where the lens mechanism cannot extend or retract. It's a common problem. Fixing it is complicated, and depending on what exactly is seizing the mechanism, may actually require replacement parts, and not just a cleaning.
If you are in warranty, it's best left to to a trained technician. If you are out of warranty, there will be a cost to using a canon certified technician. If you are mechanically inclined, there is a fix procedure photodocumented, however there is no guarantee that once you open everything up that you won't find the root cause to be a permanently ruined gear mechanism.
Just so you know...I had an e18 error on an A-series camera that disappeared by itself...whatever was jamming it cleared itself, and now there are no problems. Go figure. You can try some of the measures described in the e18error.com website, like blowing compressed air in the camera.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar