nikon lens reviews image
tihini
I am planning to take my daughters senior portraits this year, and would like to know which Nikon Lens would be the best to purchase for the best quality picture. I own a Nokon D80 if that helps.I currently own the original lens that came with it...Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 18-135mm 1:3.5-5.6G ED Thanks for the help!
Answer
I like Karl's answer and agree 100%. Your lens is probably just fine and your lighting will make the most difference. Try not to simply use the on-camera flash. At a MINIMUM, if you are stuck using the on-camera flash, put a lamp with a bare bulb on the floor behind your subject so the shadows on the wall will be kept to a minimum.
If you are looking for an excuse to buy a nice new lens, I do like the 17-55, but our resident model photographer fhotoace uses the Nikon 24-85 about 95% of the time.
He has this one: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/2485af.htm but you might also look at this one: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/2485afs.htm Bear in mind that Rockwell's use for the lens is different than a professional model photographer's. I'd be kind of concerned about his own observation (for the cheaper lens) that, "AF action is fast and silent. Well, it was on the first day I had it. As dust collected inside after the first day of use I now get a slight squeak as it focuses. Ditto for the smoothness of the zoom; after the first day stuff collects inside and it's no longer as smooth."
The Nikon Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF Zoom Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4.0D IF Autofocus Lens is the one that's always out of stock at B&H ($565) and the 5 user reviews there rate is very highly. It's on my wish list. This lens has a macro mode with 1:2 reproduction, focusing as close as about 8 inches.
The Nikon Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF Zoom Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G AF-S Autofocus Lens is $300 at B&H. This lens goes to 1:4.8 at 14.4".
B&H Photo available through a link at Yahoo! Shopping, www.bhphoto.com or at 1-800-622-4987. See also: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/B_H_Photo_Video_Pro_Audio
I like Karl's answer and agree 100%. Your lens is probably just fine and your lighting will make the most difference. Try not to simply use the on-camera flash. At a MINIMUM, if you are stuck using the on-camera flash, put a lamp with a bare bulb on the floor behind your subject so the shadows on the wall will be kept to a minimum.
If you are looking for an excuse to buy a nice new lens, I do like the 17-55, but our resident model photographer fhotoace uses the Nikon 24-85 about 95% of the time.
He has this one: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/2485af.htm but you might also look at this one: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/2485afs.htm Bear in mind that Rockwell's use for the lens is different than a professional model photographer's. I'd be kind of concerned about his own observation (for the cheaper lens) that, "AF action is fast and silent. Well, it was on the first day I had it. As dust collected inside after the first day of use I now get a slight squeak as it focuses. Ditto for the smoothness of the zoom; after the first day stuff collects inside and it's no longer as smooth."
The Nikon Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF Zoom Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4.0D IF Autofocus Lens is the one that's always out of stock at B&H ($565) and the 5 user reviews there rate is very highly. It's on my wish list. This lens has a macro mode with 1:2 reproduction, focusing as close as about 8 inches.
The Nikon Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF Zoom Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G AF-S Autofocus Lens is $300 at B&H. This lens goes to 1:4.8 at 14.4".
B&H Photo available through a link at Yahoo! Shopping, www.bhphoto.com or at 1-800-622-4987. See also: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/B_H_Photo_Video_Pro_Audio
Can any Nikon 35mm lens work with any Nikon SLR camera?
Nyki
Sorry if it sounds stupid but as I posted before, I am a amateur photographer. I found a camera I'd like to buy, but it's body only so I'm trying to find a 35mm lens. Should I look for a specific one or can I just buy any Nikon 35mm lens?
Or, If you have a site that sells good lenses, please leave the link. That would be a lot of help, thanks!
Answer
Short answer - yes.
Here's a complete chart and article that explains how Nikon has created a vast system that supports legacy camera bodies and lenses. I've used 25 year old lenses on my latest Nikon DSLR bodies and vice versa.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/compatibility.htm
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/compatibility-lens.htm
As far as brands go, Nikon lenses would always be the best choice, but there are other brands that make respectable optics at good prices. For alternative, look at Sigma, Tamron, and Tokina. Avoid other "generic" brands. Here's a great site with user reviews for all brands of lenses.
http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/
As for sites to buy, after researching what I need and want, I frequent my local Craigslist and Ebay. For online vendors, I'd suggest these.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
http://www.ritzcamera.com/
http://www.amazon.com/?tag=kenrockwellcom
http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?sid=1236540097980127
Short answer - yes.
Here's a complete chart and article that explains how Nikon has created a vast system that supports legacy camera bodies and lenses. I've used 25 year old lenses on my latest Nikon DSLR bodies and vice versa.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/compatibility.htm
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/compatibility-lens.htm
As far as brands go, Nikon lenses would always be the best choice, but there are other brands that make respectable optics at good prices. For alternative, look at Sigma, Tamron, and Tokina. Avoid other "generic" brands. Here's a great site with user reviews for all brands of lenses.
http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/
As for sites to buy, after researching what I need and want, I frequent my local Craigslist and Ebay. For online vendors, I'd suggest these.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
http://www.ritzcamera.com/
http://www.amazon.com/?tag=kenrockwellcom
http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?sid=1236540097980127
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar