Hannah's m
I need some help with getting a new camera. I *think* I have narrowed it down to the Canon Elph SD 970 and the Canon Elph SD 980.
The 980 has a focal length of 4.3(W) - 21.5(T) mm f/2.8-f/5.9 (35mm equivalent: 24(W) - 120(T) mm) which they said is a wide angle lens
The 970 has a focal length 6.6-33.0mm f/3.2-5.8 (35mm film equivalent: 37-185mm)
I guess my question is, do I need a wide angle lens? I pretty much will be using it to take pictures of my 3 year old and all of her activities.
I don't know much about cameras, so speak in laymen's terms : )
Answer
Go with the 980, it is marginally better.
However, realize that both of them are just tiny little P&Ss with all the limitations that come with those, but if it HAS to be one like that, then I'd go with a Canon, too (or a Nikon).
You'll get upset at the shutterlag when you keep on missing the shots of your daughter, and you won't like the low light performance (i.e. the noise/grain when you don't have enough light).
However, they're all like that, so unless you go to a DSLR, you won't really get away from those problems.
Quite a lot of the limitations can be overcome - or at least improved - by learning a bit about photography.
Read the manual several times, attend a class, borrow some books and look online for tutorials.
I can guarantee you that some knowledge will help you make the most of your camera, whichever one you end up buying.
Go with the 980, it is marginally better.
However, realize that both of them are just tiny little P&Ss with all the limitations that come with those, but if it HAS to be one like that, then I'd go with a Canon, too (or a Nikon).
You'll get upset at the shutterlag when you keep on missing the shots of your daughter, and you won't like the low light performance (i.e. the noise/grain when you don't have enough light).
However, they're all like that, so unless you go to a DSLR, you won't really get away from those problems.
Quite a lot of the limitations can be overcome - or at least improved - by learning a bit about photography.
Read the manual several times, attend a class, borrow some books and look online for tutorials.
I can guarantee you that some knowledge will help you make the most of your camera, whichever one you end up buying.
What wide angle lens do I need for my new Canon Rebel xsi camera?
LA36561
I am traveling to Sedona, AZ and the Grand Canyon at the end of the month and figure I need to get a good wide angle lens before I leave. Additionally I am an interior designer and need wide angle shots of the homes I design .... help! I have no idea what I need to buy! Plus I would rather not spend ALL of my trip $$ on a lens!!!
Answer
EF 16-35 f/2.8L is the best Canon wide angle zoom lens on the market but is very expensive (1400)!
EF-S 10-22 is a great lens but none of the EF-S lenses hold their value very well.
The 17-40 f/4L would be a better purchase as it has a higher resale value for the same price lens, but on your camera that lens won't be nearly as wide angle (it's called crop factor and can get confusing, I won't bore you).
If you have the 18-55 that came with the camera, it'll work fine. If not, take a look at this:
http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-18-50mm-3-5-5-6-Digital-Cameras/dp/B002DGXUQK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1255036589&sr=8-1-spell
$74 on amazon.
EF 16-35 f/2.8L is the best Canon wide angle zoom lens on the market but is very expensive (1400)!
EF-S 10-22 is a great lens but none of the EF-S lenses hold their value very well.
The 17-40 f/4L would be a better purchase as it has a higher resale value for the same price lens, but on your camera that lens won't be nearly as wide angle (it's called crop factor and can get confusing, I won't bore you).
If you have the 18-55 that came with the camera, it'll work fine. If not, take a look at this:
http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-18-50mm-3-5-5-6-Digital-Cameras/dp/B002DGXUQK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1255036589&sr=8-1-spell
$74 on amazon.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar